Guess what - Real Time Protection not turning on

Let me start this off by saying that I have been a very strong advocate of your program for years - as long as I have been in IT, I have recommended it to the majority of my clients. NO MORE. I have wasted so many hours trying to fix this on the 3 systems that I have it installed on. 2 Win 10 Laptops & 1 Win 7 desktop that I use for streaming.

I get one fixed, start working on another pc & look back to see that the pc I just fixed is F***** again... It's like freakin' 'Groundhog Day'

Then I get this friendly reminder that more $$$ needs to be inserted to keep my systems safe.

-----Your Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium order, Reference # 73341883, is set to expire on April 15, 2017. For just CA$ 29.95, you can renew your subscription.

Thank you for your support. Just a reminder that Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium protects you against zero-day malware, ransomware and other threats 24/7/365. To continue your subscription, authorize your renewal below.-----

What good is a "a next-generation antivirus replacement" that cannot even start its real time protection? I have had to use adwcleaner_6.043 more times than I care to. If the program THAT I PAID FOR HAD BEEN WORKING, i WOULD NOT HAVE TO BE WASTING MORE TIME PUTTING THIS POST UP.

I am willing to give MB a chance to redeem themselves because I have really enjoyed your program. That does not change the fact that I am still pissed that MB did not do their due diligence and properly bench test & debug Malwarebytes 3.0.

If you know how to resolve this problem, please contact me thru the email that I registered with.

Thank You.

MB FAIL.JPG

Edited by redman3693

5 hours ago, redman3693 said:

I am willing to give MB a chance to redeem themselves because I have really enjoyed your program. That does not change the fact that I am still pissed that MB did not do their due diligence and properly bench test & debug Malwarebytes 3.0.

If you know how to resolve this problem, please contact me thru the email that I registered with.

Hi And Welcome.

To help you fix these issuer we need your help by following the instructions in the following topic and post them back here. Since you have more than one computer lets do one computer at a time so there is no confusion.

Just to add... were these upgrade installs from v2 to v3?  Is so that upgrade process does not go well on some computers... a clean reinstall may help...

Let's try this first....

1. Please follow the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - Malwarebytes mb-clean tool (after uninstalling you can download the latest version to re-install from HERE)
  2. If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and attach to your next reply the 4 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 4 logs are: mbam logs zipped, FRST.txt, Addition.txt and mb-checkResult.txt)
  3. NOTE: More info about Malwarebytes 3.0.6 CU3 HERE; MB 3 User Guide ONLINE; MB 3 User Guide PDF; MB 3 FAQ: Malwarebytes 3.0 - Frequently Asked Questions

Please let us know how it goes.

Thank You,

Firefox

Firefox,

You may well have solved this maddening problem w/ the Malwarebytes mb-clean tool.  I was able to get the 'Real Time Protection' started on all systems. Now, the question remains whether it will stay on. Earlier, I was able to get it started only to have it turn itself off.

Thank you very much for taking the timeto share this.

Have a Great Day

DAMN...

One of my units has just reverted back to old ways and is showing the dreaded "Real Time Protection layers turned off". You were as close as I have gotten through all of my efforts, but my Win 7 desktop box just won't play nice.

I had a good run w/ MB, but refuse to keep wasting time on a problem that won't go away... How I long for the days where there was real customer service backing up their companies products. Now, it's just a race to market w/ the attitude that we can just 'patch it later'.

Anyways, Big ThanX to those kind folks who tried to help out - it was greatly appreciated. I've one last favor to ask. I'm disabled and find it difficult to concentrate / research for long periods of time because my vision is going downhill - Anyone know of a quality similar product that won't drive me over the edge?

Cheers & Have a Great Day

Even w/ the beta ver, I still have 2 units (1 Win 10 & 1 Win 7) that are STILL having a problem w/ the "Real Time Protection layer" turning off.

Does anyone have a good alternate program they would recommend? I am in the hunt. MB has gone from a great prog to a buggy mess... SHAME

M Power

Hi,  What 3-rd party antivirus / security apps are on these boxes?

This report tool will collect some information on the installation of Malwarebytes and create a report for review: 
Please close all open work programs and save your work.  Let's please have all open user programs closed so that you see a cleared up view to the Desktop.

Download mbam-check.exe and save it to your desktop    "from this link"
On Vista/Windows 7, 8, 10, Right-click on *mbam-check-.exe* & select Run as Administrator & allow to Run when prompted by User Account Control.

Reply YES when prompted to allow it to proceed.
Do have patience while the tool runs.  The tool runs super fast, and will flash a command prompt window.  
After a minute or so, or if you do not see any movement, please look on the Desktop for the file.

It should then create a log file mb-CheckResult.txt on the DESKTOP
You should attach the mb-CheckResult.txt file located on  your desktop  for review.