Installation Token Not Found

I recently upgraded to Malwarebytes 3, what version I had before, I do not know. When I upgraded, it said I needed to purchase a key to activate the software. SO I purchased a key and tried to activate it when I got this message:

installation_token Not Found. There is a problem with the license key and we were unable to activate your license. Please check your key again. If you continue to have trouble, please contact Malwarebytes Support for assistance.

I tried several time getting the same message. I tried entering the key with and without hyphens just in case. I tried restarting my computer and entering the key afterwards. Still getting the same message. I have tried deleting the program and reinstalling a newly downloaded copy from Malwarebytes. I tried downloading the MB Cleaning tool, which I had to do at another computer, uninstalling that way and re-installing it again. after which I would try to activate it and still getting the same message. I have submitted a report to Malwarebytes but I have found that forums are a bit quicker to get answers. So, anyone else have to deal with this problem and have overcome it, please let me know.