Website Protection keeps turning off.

I tried the steps listed here:

But the web protection still is not turning on...I mean at all. It just stays at starting then I turn it on manually and I keep getting notifications that it is off when ever I start the computer.

That is on my wife's computer running MWB 3.0.6.1469, Component package 1.0.75.

She has a legacy lifetime license on it.

On another note, mine seems to be working fine, but I notice it was still at 2.2.1.1043. Was thinking about reinstalling with the latest version since there was no update prompt to upgrade to the 3.0 version, but that may happen after hers is fixed since it seems to work just fine for me as is. Also a legacy lifetime license.

She is running Windows 10 (64) Home, fully updated. Kaspersky and Comodo Personal Firewall.

O.o Don't know what I did exactly, but turned off several component in the windows startup section, waited for the web protection to finally change to "on" (took about 20 minutes) and it seems to be working now. I'll post back if the issue returns.

...on another note, what is the best way to upgrade to the 3.0 version?

• 2 months later...

Well, gave it some time and she is still getting the notification. Even mine is starting to do so as well. Web protection also takes a long time to come "on", if it even does. Most times it stays at "Starting..." until next reboot.

Is there an archive of older versions so I can roll this back to one that keeps the full protection running? Didn't get this with the 2.XX version I was using before.

Edited by ShadowKazama
Add more infromatin.

You should make sure your on the latest version of 3.1.2

Let's try this first....

1. Please follow the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - Malwarebytes mb-clean tool (NOTE: After uninstalling with the mb-claen tool you will be asked to reboot. Once you reboot it will ask you if you want to re-install Malwarebytes, you can select YES (it will download the latest version) or you can download the latest version manually (currently v3.1.2.1733 ) to re-install from HERE)
  2. If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and attach to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: mb-check-results.zip, FRST.txt, Addition.txt)
  3. NOTE: More info about the latest Malwarebytes 3.1.2 HERE; MB 3 User Guide ONLINE; MB 3 User Guide PDF; MB 3 FAQ: Malwarebytes 3.0 - Frequently Asked Questions

Please let us know how it goes.

As for archive versions... you can get both version 2 and 3 at Filehippo HERE

Thank You,

Firefox

Edited by Firefox

Did it on my computer and seems fine. It had taken several weeks before it started doing it on mine.

Will also do it on my wife's computer. Hers started with the issue a a day or two after reinstalling it before.

I will post back if it starts to happen again. Thanks for the help!