malwarebytes 3 causing stuttering in fallout 4

I don't know why but after updating to malwarebytes 3 fallout 4 has started to stutter badly.

Even at unlocked fps running at over 100 fps there is a stutter. It makes the game unplayable.

I know that some have trouble with this problem in general but I never have. It only started after the update!

At first i thought I was going mad, but then I found I was not the only one having this problem.

Malwarebytes Premium 3.0 causes stuttering in games

Only turning Malwarebytes off fixes the problem and I don't want to do that.

So in the words of the sinking man, Help!

I have found that disabling self-protection under the startup settings fixes this problem.

I consider this not a fix and only a temporary solution. :mellow:

I am starting to think that Malwarebytes may have always been causing problems with games, and v.3 has just made it worse.

All the posts on forums about fallout 4 stuttering, I wonder how many are because of this. :(

I have use this program from its 1st stable launch, and I want to continue to do so.

so I hope this is resolved soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there just wanted to say your not alone. I have had malwarebytes premium for about two years now. I have been pulling my hair out trying to figure out what the hell was causing frame skipping in Fallout 4 for the past 3 days. I have removed my gpu OC checked connections, taken my pc apart and put it back together run stress tests on the GPU, COMPLETELY uninstalled Fallout 4 and all my mods and re installing them, wasting hours and hours of my time. This morning I had the crazy idea that maybe the recent malware bytes update was doing something strange, Exited malwayrebytes, and just like that my FPS skipping issue was gone. I am going to enable it again right now to confirm that it is indeed the issue. Yep just confirmed.

I noticed it does not happen with any other games, very odd. I attached my logs with this post, for now I am going to leave MB off.

logs.rar