3.o Pro Freezes My W7 PC

I have several Pro machines.....(3) W7, (1) W10.  I upgraded on one of the W7 machines from v2 to V3.
It has Avast 9, CryptoPrevent 8, McShield, and MBAM Pro v2, MBAE v1.9 on it....I think MBAE goes away during V3 install ?

After upgrade I ran a scan and the system locked.
I rebooted and ran scan and went fine.
I woke up this morning and system was locked.....MBAM Pro set to scan at 4:30am.
I looked a configs in V3 versus what I had in v2 and only thing of big difference was self protection module is ON in V3...was not in V2.

Thoughts ?

I have disabled self protection module and see if becomes stable.  I will post mb-check and also MBAM logs tomorrow.

While I did not have a BSOD...but rather system lock...........I did see this post on 3.0 issues.

Sean
By Sean in Malwarebytes 3.0, March 13
Malwarebytes is causing my computer to BSOD whenever my internet connection goes live. I have identified the Web Protection module as the problem. OS:.

Hello @thekochs:

Using Having problems using Malwarebytes? Please follow these steps: as a guideline, please assist the Malwarebytes' developers/staffers with the data needed to analyze your system's issue.  Of particular interest will be the data from the files requested in steps 6, 7, and 8.  Please attach those files to this topic in a reply.

Thank you.

Your problems don't surprise me. I just posted my terrible experience when trying to "upgrade" to V3.whatever from V2. At least V2 worked... and even with Anti-Exploit. The "New and Improved and Now With Greater Whitening Power and A Wonderful New Scent" version would give me long times when my system was unresponsive. I uninstalled MalwareBytes and hope they come out with one which actually works with my old, but trusty, XP Pro.

Fortunately I run Kaspersky Total Security so that's probably all I need. Before, both Kaspersky and MalwareBytes snuggled up to each other and there was no problem. Frankly, I don't think it was a co-existent program problem... and something else,

Why doesn't Malwarebytes build in a feature, or separate program, that does the Dx on their software instead of asking us to do a bunch of their work, for which I neither have the time nor inclination. Sorry, I don't do either programming nor tech support for Malwarebytes. Firstly, I'm not a programmer, and secondly I feel they should build in bug-figuring-it-out  routines in their one software,

Nathaniel, Just Saying...

On 3/21/2017 at 8:09 AM, thekochs said:

Well.....now few days since I turn off SPM....working fine.

7 hours ago, thekochs said:

I wanted to bump this thread to the to hoping Staff will check my logs.

Is it still working OK?

Since you said it is, Staff does not have any reason to comment further. They already know that turning off self protection fixes many of these issues.

17 hours ago, Porthos said:

Is it still working OK?

Since you said it is, Staff does not have any reason to comment further. They already know that turning off self protection fixes many of these issues.

Yes, still working but issue is that now on all new PCs I am turning off SPM.

If they truly know SPM is an issue then perhaps they should provide sticky at top of Forum letting people know....AND when/if it gets fixed.
I would imagine Staff wants users with SPM "ON".....for now I will have turned off on every PC.....not worth the headaches....AND don't see any place where Staff is providing feedback....including this thread where I went to trouble to post all the logs.

Edited by thekochs

I have the same issue and went through the lengthy process of logging things and uploading them to the forum.

For now, I've uninstalled 3.0 on my sole Win7 machine (it works just fine on the Win10 machines) and installed 2.x using the same license key.  It works flawlessly although I had to disable the feature to download and install version 3.x.

I've not heard back other than "we think we know what the problem is".

56 minutes ago, thekochs said:

If they truly know SPM is an issue then perhaps they should provide sticky at top of Forum letting people know

It does not happen to everyone.

57 minutes ago, thekochs said:

AND when/if it gets fixed.

It will be announced in the news section of the forum when the next version is available. There have been a couple of posts saying next month.

59 minutes ago, thekochs said:

AND don't see any place where Staff is providing feedback....including this thread where I went to trouble to post all the logs.

They have the logs and "if " they have questions about a certain users logs the ask. If not they use the logs as "evidence" so to speak to fix as many issues as possible.

They cant acknowledge every set of logs all the time since you stated things are working now. I am sorry this upsets you.