Ver 3.0.6.1469 crashing Windows 10

I have just installed the latest version of MWB. I now have to turn real Real-Time (Web) Protection OFF to prevent Win 10 from crashing. I have tried with both Mozilla Firefox and Chrome and get the same result. There does not appear to be a common URL that is causing the problem. Help please ...

Hello @Arismac:

Please use the locked/pinned topic at Having problems using Malwarebytes? Please follow these steps: as a checklist to give devs/staffers a starting point for the help you require.  You may reply to this topic with the attached zipped archive and the three (3) separate data files in text form.

Please consider left-clicking the "Follow" button, near the upper-right corner of your topic, to receive timely email notifications about updates to your topic.

Thank you.

Will do, many thanks for the directions ...

There is not much more I can add. When I have Real-Time Protection turned ON I get an almost immediate BSOD with the "Error BAD_SPOOL_HEADER" and the computer restarts. This happens every time I try to use a browser. The fault disappears with Real-Time Protection turned OFF. This fault has only occurred since I was invited to upgrade MWB earlier today.

Edited by Arismac

5 hours ago, Arismac said:

Will do, many thanks for the directions ...

There is not much more I can add. When I have Real-Time Protection turned ON I get an almost immediate BSOD with the "Error BAD_SPOOL_HEADER" and the computer restarts. This happens every time I try to use a browser. The fault disappears with Real-Time Protection turned OFF. This fault has only occurred since I was invited to upgrade MWB earlier today.

you are not the only one. They are apparently trying to fix this and a couple of other things too.

Have a look at this:

I have advised it here over and again and I will continue doing that until Malwarebytes is able to release a for all customers  well and safely running version 3:

Revert to MBAM2 and all will be running well again.

Edited by GMork

20 hours ago, Arismac said:

There is not much more I can add.

Hello @Arismac:

Actually, the unique data sets from the computer in question can help you, other users, and staffers identify the root cause of the BSoDs.  Since your description indicates the BSoDs do not occur when MB3's Real-time Protection (RTP) module is disabled, temporarily continue with that configuration.  Next, using the tutorial at How to Configure Windows 10 to Create Dump Files on BSOD, please determine if the system is configured to produce dumps, and if so, are they set for "Small Memory Dumps".  If this was already the case, please check the "%SystemRoot%\Minidump" directory for the presence of filenames that correspond to the date/time of the system's recent BSoDs.

If no .dmp files currently exist, please consider briefly using the configuration that results in BSoDs for ultimate analysis by staffers.

Then, please isolate/protect those dump files from aggressive clean-up actions/utilities.  Please attach a few of those dump files in your next reply to this thread and remember to include the four (4) other data files requested in my first reply to you.

Thank you for your continued patience and understanding.

Edited by 1PW

Thank you for your assistance. I hope I have got this right but am going to try and attach the ".dmp" files as requested. I have a total of six files which cover the period immediately before I turned Real-Time Protection off.

Update: Sorry I get "There was a problem processing the upload file -200" and "Upload failed"

Edited by Arismac

Hello @Arismac:

1.) Please report the file size of the most recent .dmp dump file to be sent.

2.) Please try just attaching, to your next reply, just the three (3) individual .txt text files from my first reply to you.

Thank you again.

Edited by 1PW

Hello @Arismac:

1.) Please archive (.zip), using Windows' built-in utility, the most recent .dmp dump file.

2.) Please attach, to your next reply, the three (3) individual .txt text files from my first reply to you.

If the above can not be sent as a group, please send individually.  Thank you again.

After providing the information that @1PW is asking for, can you please open Malwarebytes and go to Settings -> Protection. Then disable the Web Protection and see if the BSOD goes away.

We are aware of an issue with Web Protection causing crashes and this should allow everything to run smoothly until our next update

Edited by dcollins

Thank you. That is in fact the first thing I did which is why I was able to report that it was the web protection that is causing the problem. I am getting very nervous about not having this protection but have been unable to discover how to roll back to the earlier version of MWB.

52 minutes ago, Arismac said:

Thank you. That is in fact the first thing I did which is why I was able to report that it was the web protection that is causing the problem. I am getting very nervous about not having this protection but have been unable to discover how to roll back to the earlier version of MWB.

One weird conundrum. I used to have the same issue as you. What i did to resolve it is turning all windows defender related things off in the settings app on windows 10. All BSOD's after that have stopped. I feel that its either windows or malwarebytes that just doesn't like having two AV softwares running simultaneously. 

And just so you know, im also running the exact same version of malwarebytes that you are running with all the protection shields set to ON

Edited by TechGuyAnthony

Excellent news, thank you. I shall try this immediately and report back.

Nope that did not work on my machine. I disabled Defender Real time protection and switched MWB Real Time protection back ON. I went to a known "safe" web site and immediately got the BSOD. Thank you for trying for me.

One of my problems is that I have been unable to send ".dmp" files to MWB. They have not supplied me with an email address and attaching to a reply here does not work. Grrrrrrrr ....

Edited by Arismac