ALL iObit Programs

DontBB

Can staff please consider maybe just blocking the .exe rather than over 600 files from one 'PUP'. The hassle this caused me this morning is really ridiculous. This program runs for me in the background, and as I posted before your detection caused my PC to not let me log into my windows account etc. etc.

It seems unreasonable to have to list seemingly every single file. malwarebytes.thumb.png.535d05ba0dbfcbd3702301a7d5d33b1b.png

• Staff

Hello,

We put some updates out yesterday that should take care of the issue some users were having with troubles logging back into their accounts.

When a large number of items are listed and you want to keep this program (in this case the AdvancedSystemCare) unchecking the entire list, then scrolling through & re-checking any items related to other threats if present will speed up the process of removing what you want & letting MBAM exclude what you want to keep.

AdvancedSystemCare has many components to it so yes, there will be many items to list.

• Staff

Unfortunately this is the nature of our generic/signatureless remediation technology (i.e. linking engine) which finds malware artifacts related to the original detected malware/PUP. There are some PUPs that are very large in size and this is an unfortunate side effect. On the positive side, it allows us to be really good at malware remediation.

We do have an internal project ongoing to takes a different approach that might solve this for PUPs, but that project is still in incubation.

Malwarebytes detected over 1000 Advanced System Care files on my computer and completely deleted the program.  ASC is NOT malware.  I had to reinstall ASC.  I certainly hope Malwarebytes intends to fix this issue, as I am not going to spend hours upon hours adding various different files and folders to my excluded list.  I see another thread on this topic but they closed it (no further replies allowed).

What is Malwarebytes doing about this??  If they expect users to fix this themselves (excluding files)....then I will simply stop using Malwarebytes and tell others to stop using it as well.  Ball is in your court, Malwarebytes.

Pls advise...

Thx...

I have been using Iobit's Advanced System Care for many years and trust it completely.  Many people use Advanced System Care to maintain their rigs. MWB isn't the only malware program in town. In fact Iobit has their own malware program. Malwarebytes may want to rethink their position here or lose subscribers.

Edited by ronaldbelfordscott

• Staff

Our Research Team has been monitoring this application for some time and has decided to add detection based on triggers against our PUP detection criteria.
https://blog.malwarebytes.com/malwarebytes-news/2016/10/malwarebytes-gets-tougher-on-pups/

The detection is correct and not a false positive. We will continue monitoring this application and if we notice a change in the behavior we will review it again.

• pbust locked this topic