should http://iptest.malwarebytes.org/ work in MB 2.x

56 minutes ago, BillH99999 said:

I was just wondering if the website http://iptest.malwarebytes.org/ should be blocked using Malwarebytes 2.x.  I am able to get to the page which says if you have reached that page web protection is disabled although I have it enabled in the settings.

Bill

With the paid version yes. Please follow the instructions in the below post.

Edited by Porthos

I am able to reach  /iptest.malwarebytes.org/ even though I have Malicious Website Protection enabled (see attached image2).  

See the attached image1 to see what page I am getting.

The system does not crash.

I get the same results every time I go to that site.

See attached.

Thanks,

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

protection-log-2017-03-13.zip

FRST.txt

Addition.txt

CheckResults.txt

Are you running any sort of VPN or DNS changing software?  I ask because such a configuration could theoretically cause Malwarebytes not to block the site as it might not actually be seeing the correct IP address for the site which is supposed to be blocked (since all connections would be re-routed through and served from the VPN/DNS server).

I don't usually like to tag along on someone elses thread... but I can confirm this is happening on two computers I have tested on.

One at work and one at home thus far, if I visit the site http://iptest.malwarebytes.org/ using v2.2.1.1043 db v2017.03.14.5 I get the page that states:

If you are able to reach this page it means that IP protection is disabled on your machine.

My work computer with v2 does not block the site, however this computer is also a host to a VM which has v3 installed and in the VM the site is blocked correctly.

As a test, I went to a known page that should be blocked and I was also able to get to that page, no block occurred.

No VPN software is being used.

--------------

Just to add, I exited MBAM v2 and then opened it back up... and now web protection is blocking.  I did get a block popup when going to the test site, however it still said If you are able to reach this page it means that IP protection is disabled on your machine.  Clicking on refresh it blocks the page and I get the notification popup.

Edited by Firefox
added content

Excile360,  no VPN or DNS changing software.

Firefox, I tried closing and reopening MB and that didn't help.  Still able to get to that site.  However, as with you, if I click on refresh the site is blocked.

Thanks

7 hours ago, BillH99999 said:

It has been another week and haven't heard back on this issue.  Just checking to see if anyone is still looking into it.

Thanks,
Bill

Theirs a good chance that this wont be fixed until the next release coming out sometime next month.

@dcollins

So, is this a new release of 2.x?  I'm not ready to move to 3.x yet due to all the problems.

Since this bug means we are not really protected on the web it seems like a bug that should be fixed more quickly.  As Firefox pointed out, it doesn't apply only to the MB test site.

Bill

7 minutes ago, BillH99999 said:

So, is this a new release of 2.x?  I'm not ready to move to 3.x yet due to all the problems.

Since this bug means we are not really protected on the web it seems like a bug that should be fixed more quickly.  As Firefox pointed out, it doesn't apply only to the MB test site.

Bill

Did not realize you are V2 I have not even looked at ver 2 since 3.0 was in beta, Sorry I did not know it existed on ver2. Did not follow any of those threads. Again sorry for the mis-information.

Oh Oh... this started again.  The test site is no longer being blocked.  I have changed nothing in Malwarebytes.  It doesn't seem like it should break only a week after I supposedly 'fixed' it by re-installing.

Now reloading the site after I am already there doesn't even block it like it did before.

Are you sure the problem isn't with the test site itself?

Bill

Edited by BillH99999

This time it worked for 4 days and now it is broken again.  What is going on?  

dcollins... you mentioned you were needing to keep digging to see what's going on.  Have you found anything?

I know you are all busy with MB3, but MB2 is still supported until June so you need to address this bug in your program.

Thanks
Bill

• Staff

We are still supporting MBAM2.x and working with users to help address issues where possible; however there are no new upgrades planned for MBAM2.x at this time.

As for MB3, I would highly encourage you to use the new 1.0.96 Component Update from the thread below as it has resolved a large amount of the stability issues that users were experiencing.