klauwkikker

Malwarebytes doesn't detect malware on pc and is positive on virustotal

HEY @Dcollins. So i have to reinstall Mbam and do all the steps in safe mode? In windows 7 that did not succeed, do it anyway

I give it a try

No, sorry. Follow these steps:

1. Boot to normal mode
  2. Run mb-clean
  3. Reboot
  4. Run mb-check
  5. Upload the mb-checkResult.txt and mb-cleanResult.txt log files

Depends on how many programs are installed on your computer, but it's about the same time than on mine.

15 minutes ago, Francois_Blais said:

Depends on how many programs are installed on your computer, but it's about the same time than on mine.

Amount of data and computer spec's SSD ect is important as well.

scan.PNG

Edited by Porthos

Error 183 translates to "Cannot create a file when that file already exists.", it's a Windows error code. In this case, it means things worked properly. It looks like that time the clean worked properly as there are no files leftover. Now that everything is cleaned up properly, let's trying re-installing Malwarebytes 3 (use the latest version please: https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb3) and then run mb-check again and upload the logs. This will let us make sure all the files are in place properly.

I have to give it up. I formatted my drive did a cleaninstall with a window 10 disc, and the same result. Summary on windows 7 and a clean windows 10 Mbam 3 does't detect malware in my hardwareconfiguration. I Think this is a bug and i am not the only one with this problem, i figured it out by coincidence. Mabey something wrong with the updatesever? I have now installed Mbab 2.2.1.1043, Mbae and Mbam antiransom. Mbam 2 detects the malware fine. I hop that you can reconstruct the problem and come with a solution. When this is a bug, there a more users that think tey are protected but they are not. Is 2.2.1.1043 the latest version and how long does it work?

@dcollins Thanks for now and tell me what you think. Regards

Sorry to hear it still wasn't working for you. There's one more thing I can think of that would help us track this down, but I know you've already installed MBAM2.x since it's working for you. If you're feeling generous, the information below would be helpful as well and could help us figure out what's going on for you, but I completely understand if you'd rather not spend more time on this.

1. Install MB3
  2. Under Settings -> Application turn on Event Log Data
  3. Right click the infected file and choose Scan with Malwarebytes
  4. Once the scan is finished, go to Settings -> Application and turn off Event Log Data
  5. Navigate to C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService
  6. Right click the logs folder and choose Send to -> Compressed (Zipped) folder
  7. This will create a logs.zip file on your desktop, please upload that file

Thanks for all the help so far

Hey, @dcollins

I have already did that on the clean install of windows 10. The result was that Mbam 3 by exporerscsan hung by heuristic analyse and only by crtl alt delete would stop and complety closed. I hope that you find the bug. I have had not alot of sleep last days. I wait for a newer release and hope that the problem is solved.

Can you please answer my question from my previous post?

Is 2.2.1.1043 the latest version and how long does it keeps workong and get the virusupdates?

Thanks for youre help and effort

Regards

2.2.1.1043 is the latest version of MBAM2.

It was announced in here in the forum to end the support for MBAM2 in June 2017.

But I don't believe that, if Malwarebytes can't offer till that date.a for all customers well running version of MB3 without all the currently existing issues.

In that case Malwarebytes would lose a lot of customers, me included.

@dcollins

Now i'm forced to deal with Mbam 2, i noticed that Mbam service uses up to 300 mb with webprotection on and around 50 mb without webprotection. Is this normal? seems high to me. regards

@klauwkikker web protection will add to the RAM usage. Exactly how much generally depends on your browsers, addons, etc.

Out of curiosity, are you running an x86 version of Windows 10?

Edited by dcollins

@klauwkikker we actually identified an issue on specific x86 machines that we resolved last night. If you install MB3 now, and test with that infection, it should detect it properly

@dCollins When i dowload Mbam i still get 3.0.6. 1469 comp. 1075. the same version with the problems. How can it be that the problem now is resolved?

YES YES it works Thank tou @dcollins

Can i use defender aside by Mbam or must i set exclusions in Defender? Or would u advise only Mbam or another free antivirus?

Regards

For most people, using Windows Defender alongside Malwarebytes should work just fine. If you run into issues, setting exclusions in both MB3 and Windows Defender should be the first step.