I downloaded Malwarebytes 3.0.6.1469. Ran the scan and clicked to remove malware--then it stopped working! Have been unable to start it since then (March 4) AND HAVE HAD NO REAL HELP FROM SUPPORT AT MALWAREBYTES.

When I try to start the program, I get an error message saying, "unable to connect." When I try uninstalling it, Windows 10 disallows me and shows the error message attached.

Malwarebytes uninstall error message.GIF

23 minutes ago, Ron_Robins said:

I downloaded Malwarebytes 3.0.6.1469. Ran the scan and clicked to remove malware--then it stopped working! Have been unable to start it since then (March 4) AND HAVE HAD NO REAL HELP FROM SUPPORT AT MALWAREBYTES.

First I would re run the current installer over the top of your current install. and see if it fixes the issue.

If not run the MB clean tool to remove Malwarebytes,

43 minutes ago, Ron_Robins said:

I've tried  mb-clean.exe twice and it didn't work to uninstall!!!

Not to doubt you but you did use the current one I posted a link to ?

• Staff

Did you try running mb-clean in Safe Mode? If not, I would start there. If you did run in safe mode, can you please post the log that is created on your desktop so we can see what is failing to clean up?

Edited by dcollins

58c4571cb810e_MalwarebytesRuntimeError43134.GIF.caec5f17e4631783784d853074067229.GIFDevin--iI tried58c4571cb810e_MalwarebytesRuntimeError43134.GIF.caec5f17e4631783784d853074067229.GIF running  mb-clean.exe in safe mode. Stil did not remove it. No log was shown on my desktop after the reboot. I tried from uninstall again in Programs and Features. Still did not uninstall but got the attached error. For your info I'm also attaching the logs that ran on the one and only time I was able to run your program on March 5. It was when I first downloaded it.

So what now? Appreciate your help. Thanks, Ron

mbae-default.log

MBAMSERVICE.LOG

Did you try RevoUninstaller...It will delete files and entries even if the program uninstaller won't work..

Install it...Doubleclick the Malwarebytes Icon in RevoUninstaller...Pick to do an advanced scan after the MB uninstall runs (or fails) and

then let RevoUninstaller find all the leftoever files and entries and let it delete all of them...That should clear things out...

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

Close Malwarebytes first before running RevoUninstaller so it can delete MB files...

Edited by davei1

Dave--re Revouninstaller. Wouldn't do its uninstall, but did go thru and find all the Malwarebytes files and let it uninstall them. It worked fine. Thank you!

I did try re-installing Malwarebytes using the following download link that Malwarebytes support sent to me. It didn't work! See attached error message.

The link was: https://malwarebytes.box.com/s/d15nhbepqn0kdzc0iacrzypyic1gbkam

Should I give-up on Malwarebytes! Ron

Issue re-installing Malwarebytes.GIF

42 minutes ago, Ron_Robins said:

Dave--re Revouninstaller. Wouldn't do its uninstall, but did go thru and find all the Malwarebytes files and let it uninstall them. It worked fine. Thank you!

I did try re-installing Malwarebytes using the following download link that Malwarebytes support sent to me. It didn't work! See attached error message.

The link was: https://malwarebytes.box.com/s/d15nhbepqn0kdzc0iacrzypyic1gbkam

Should I give-up on Malwarebytes! Ron

Issue re-installing Malwarebytes.GIF

Click ignore  when that comes up. and it will keep going.

Porthos--did what you suggested. Back to square one. Same original issue. It simply won't open--says can't connect. And cannot uninstall as per above. Revouninstaller worked first time, but not subsequently.

I've spent much of the day on this and though I greatly appreciate various people's efforts, it's clear there's an issue here. I just wonder how many others have experienced this and simply given up on this software!

It's probably worthwhile for Malwarebytes Support to look further into this if they want to preserve their reputation!

• Staff

Alright, so most likely there are remnants from a previous install and that's causing the access denied issue, which is causing issues with Revo, which is causing issues with the re-install. So let's try these steps:

1. Try to uninstall Malwarebytes normally, ignore any errors you may get
  2. Reboot
  3. Use Revo Uninstaller to remove Malwarebytes, ignore any errors you may get
  4. Reboot
  5. Use mb-clean to remove anything else, let us know if you get any errors and please upload the log file on your desktop (if one gets created)
  6. Reboot
  7. Install the latest version of Malwarebytes from this link: https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/thankyou/
  8. Report any errors you may get