A "g****.tmp" files in the windows temp folder.

Hello, 

Someone tried to hack my PC. Installed a number of suspicious software and tools, disabled Windows Defender by a group policy, and there is a virus/malware I can not remove from my system. Once Windows 10 boots this file "g****.tmp.exe/g****.tmp" is automatically generated in the Windows temp folder and every time I end the task/process from the task manager and delete the files they generate again when I restart the Windows and Windows Defender is ineffective to clean my system.

I managed to remove most of the suspicious software and tools and turn on Windows Defender. But there are some security issues I need to correct. 

Could you please help?

I think my security issues are similar to "Kevin777" topic.
https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/194088-a-tmpexe-files-in-the-temp-folder-malware-or-a-browser-hijacker/

Thank you.

• Root Admin

Hello @A777 and :welcome:

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system.
You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply as well.

Hi Ron, @AdvancedSetup

Thank you for your feedback.

I have been successful in removing all traces of this virus/malware from my system, I was struggling for almost a week!. Anyways I used a software called "Windows 10 Manager" and deleted this suspicious files completely from my system. The source was located at C:/programdata (hidden folder). I have attached the software download link for your review and for future reference to any infected PCs with the same virus/malware. It's really a very amazing tool.

Kind regards,

Edited by AdvancedSetup
Removed link to dubious software

• Root Admin

Okay if you're sure all is well. I'll go ahead and close your topic then. I've removed the link for said software though as almost all "optimization and tweaking" software is snake oil. Windows has all the tools it needs built-in to manage the maintenance of the system.

Thank you again and take care