May have been infected with Firefox Patch js

Hello, yesterday while on a website a popup came up saying urgent Firefox patch.  Normally I don't click on things like that, but I foolishly did, downloaded the .js file, clicked save which at first appeared to do nothing, then Adobe Dreamweaver opened with some kind of text on it, which I didn't take time to read, I closed it wondering why it had opened.  I soon had an uneasy feeling so started researching and learning that javascript files are being used now to infect computers.  I deleted the downloaded file, did a system restore, went back to about a week before, uninstalled Java, found another site where it said to remove suspicious add ons in Firefox, checked for files it said to check for and suspicious changes in the registry that it had listed.  I didn't find anything out of the ordinary.  Also ran scans of Malwarebytes, Spybot.  which found a few minor things, but didn't find anything relating to it.  I had started a scan with Eset, which is still ongoing and paused for now, it indicated it found a couple of things, I don't know what yet.  In the meantime I wanted to check further.  Thanks for your help.  I have attached the scans as mentioned.

FRST.txt

Addition.txt

Hello phgray and welcome to Malwarebytes,

My screen name is kevinf80, i`m here to help clean up your system. Make sure to run all scans from accounts with Administrator status, continue as follows please:

Anyone other than the original starter of this thread please DO NOT follow the instructions and advice posted as replies here, my help and advice is NOT related to your system and will probably cause more harm than good...

Continue with the following:

Uninstall Spybot Search and Destroy, it may interfere with tools we try to run - https://www.safer-networking.org/faq/how-to-uninstall-2/

Next,

Download attached fixlist.txt file (end of reply) and save it to the Desktop, or the folder you saved FRST into. "Do not open that file"
NOTE. It's important that both FRST and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

Open FRST and press the Fix button just once and wait.
The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt) or the folder it was ran from. Please post it to your reply.

Next,

Clean install Malwarebytes from version 2 to version 3...

Please download MBAM-clean and save it to your desktop.

• Right-click on mbam-clean.exe icon and select user posted image Run as Administrator to start the tool.
  • It will ask you to reboot the machine - please do so.
  • Run the cleaner tool again, re-boot when complete. <<<---do not miss this step

If you have lost the activation licence key information it can be located here: http://www.cleverbridge.com/342/?scope=cusecolp

Download Malwarebytes version 3 from the following link:

https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/thankyou/

Double click on the installer and follow the prompts. If necessary select the Blue Help tab for video instructions....

When the install completes and is updated do the following:

Open Malwarebytes, select > "settings" > "protection tab"

Scroll down to "Scan Options" ensure Scan for Rootkits and Scan within Archives are both on....

Go back to "DashBoard" select the Blue "Scan Now" tab......

When the scan completes deal with any found entries... Then select "Export Summary" then "Text File (*.txt)" name that log and save , you can copy or attach that to your reply...

If you have lost the activation licence key information it can be located here: http://www.cleverbridge.com/342/?scope=cusecolp

Next,

Download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.

• Double click on Adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click on the Scan in the Actions box
  • Please wait fot the scan to finish..
  • When "Waiting for action.Please uncheck elements you want to keep" shows in top line..
  • Click on the Cleaning box.
  • Next click OK on the "Closing Programs" pop up box.
  • Click OK on the Information box & again OK to allow the necessary reboot
  • After restart the AdwCleaner(C*)-Notepad log will appear, please copy/paste it in your next reply. Where * is the number relative to list of scans completed...

Next,

Download Sophos Free Virus Removal Tool and save it to your desktop.

If your security alerts to this scan either accept the alert or turn off your security to allow Sophos to run and complete.....

Please Do Not use your PC whilst the scan is in progress.... This scan is very thorough so may take several hours...

• Double click the icon and select Run
  • Click Next
  • Select I accept the terms in this license agreement, then click Next twice
  • Click Install
  • Click Finish to launch the program
  • Once the virus database has been updated click Start Scanning
  • If any threats are found click Details, then View log file... (bottom left hand corner)
  • Copy and paste the results in your reply
  • Close the Notepad document, close the Threat Details screen, then click Start cleanup
  • Click Exit to close the program
  • If no threats were found please confirm that result....

The Virus Removal Tool scans the following areas of your computer:
  • Memory, including system memory on 32-bit (x86) versions of Windows
  • The Windows registry
  • All local hard drives, fixed and removable
  • Mapped network drives are not scanned.

Note: If threats are found in the computer memory, the scan stops. This is because further scanning could enable the threat to spread. You will be asked to click Start Cleanup to remove the threats before continuing the scan.

Let me see those logs in your reply, also tell me if there are any remaining issues or concerns..

Thank you,

Kevin..

fixlist.txt

I did a clean install and updated Malwarebytes, ran the scan per instructions, it found 0 threats.

Then I installed AdwCleaner and it found 13 threats.  Not sure how serious they were, but I cleaned them all.  Some are related to a program I installed, but don't really use any more any way.  I have attached the logs.

I tried to install Sophos, but kept running into error 1327 invalid Drive I:\ and couldn't install it.  Not sure of the problem, might have something to do with mapping drives?  Tried the SUBST command in the command prompt, but made no difference.  I have no idea what drive I would be.  I'll keep researching that, in the meantime thought I would post the logs.  Thanks again.

AdwCleaner[C0].txt

AdwCleaner[S0].txt

When I download from the link, I'm not given an option which drive to install it on.  It downloads, then when I click on it, the only option is 'Run' and then I get the error message.  I'll try it with a different browser or see if I can figure out somehow to get it to install on C:, I have no idea why an 'invalid' I drive comes up as an error.  Thanks.

Hello phgray,

If your PC is responding as expected and you have no remaining issues or concerns continue as follows to clean up....

Uninstall Sophos AV http://www.askvg.com/how-to-completely-uninstall-remove-a-software-program-in-windows-without-using-3rd-party-software/

Next,

Download "Delfix by Xplode" and save it to your desktop.

Or use the following if first link is down:

"Delfix link mirror"

If your security program alerts to Delfix either, accept the alert or turn your security off.

Double Click to start the program. If you are using Vista or higher, please right-click and choose run as administrator

Make Sure the following items are checked:

• Remove disinfection tools <----- this will remove tools we have used.
  • Purge System Restore <--- this will remove all previous and possibly exploited restore points, a new point relative to system status at present will be created.
  • Reset system settings <--- this will reset any system settings back to default that were changed either by us during cleansing or malware/infection

Now click on "Run" and wait patiently until the tool has completed.

The tool will create a log when it has completed. We don't need you to post this.

Any remnant files/logs from tools we have used can be deleted…

Next,

Read the following links to fully understand PC Security and Best Practices, you may find them useful....

Answers to Common Security Questions and best Practices

Do I need a Registry Cleaner?

Take care and surf safe

Kevin... user posted image

• Root Admin

Glad we could help. :)If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!