GoodwareBytes

Deploying Anti-Ransomeware via GPO

Hello there,

first of all I want to thank MWB for this neat tool. Great job!

Subsequently I have two questions:
* Is it conform to deploy the tool in a state department with about 50 employees?

* If so, did anybody try this yet and succeeded? I've seen that the tool also runs a service and with tools like Advanced Installer services usually give me trouble...

Thanks and Greets
James

Anti-Ransomware's msi installer is the one to choose for GPO deployment. 

msiexec /i MBARW_Business_Setup.msi /qn

Hi Jacobson,

thx for the reply. I didn't realize there was a MSI-Installer available. That's great news!

But unfortunately I don't seem to be able to locate a proper download location.

All I found was https://malwarebytes.app.box.com/s/znlajk1tlmzbm2x3vb4enkik7lreqxd9

which leads me back to the .exe

Could you be so nice and post a link to the MSI?

That'd be great!

Thanks!

Posted (edited)

Hey, no problem at all, I got you! It can be found in the full Endpoint Security download, grab that here - mbes_for_business package

It is in Unmanaged \ Windows \ MBARW_Business_setup.msi

Edited by djacobson
bad link

I know this is a completely rookie question - but I have never used the msiexec like that with GPO to install software.  My googlefu is failing me on this.  Can someone explain how they did this?

On 19.5.2017 at 11:13 PM, BurnoutTech said:

I know this is a completely rookie question - but I have never used the msiexec like that with GPO to install software.  My googlefu is failing me on this.  Can someone explain how they did this?

I don't quite get your question.

What are you trying to do?

I figure it's out of the scope of this conversation - I just don't know how to use:

msiexec /i MBARW_Business_Setup.msi /qn

In a group policy.  I know how to create a GPO and point it to a package to deploy - just never used a line like that one.

Posted (edited)

I got the batch file working, but it pops the install window on the client side.  My installer is on a network location and I think that's causing me problems.

Ahh I think I got it. :)  Good stuff.

Edited by BurnoutTech

Aye - batch files don't like UNC paths and I needed to figure a way to tell it not to run if it was already installed.  JV stuff that I should already know. :)

It's deploying now.  

Side note - I read that MBAM blocks petya.  MBAM makes me sleep better at night.

On 10.3.2017 at 6:15 PM, djacobson said:

Hey, no problem at all, I got you! It can be found in the full Endpoint Security download, grab that here - mbes_for_business package

It is in Unmanaged \ Windows \ MBARW_Business_setup.msi

Hi djacobson,

I keep getting pop-ups for "New Version Available" - this is not a problem for myself but for the employees all around.

Can you provide a link to an updated package? Or maybe to the folder on a FTP server, given it is existent and publicly available?

Thanks!