Protections turn off after implementing recommended solution(s)

Hi-
I'm using Premium 3.0.6.  I've had problems ever since installation with protections turning themselves off without my help! I read and followed the instructions found here for solving this (first it was web protection). The solution which seems to have worked (per article on MB site) was turning off two items under start-up options (see screen shot). That has at least kept web protection from turning off. Now, all of a sudden the Ransomware Protection turned itself off. 

Help?

Thanks,
Janet B.

MWB_startup_options.PNG

Devin,

Do you want me to provide that information right here, or do I need to do it in the particular thread you posted above (I looked at  the link and it said to create a new thread.) ? And forgive me for sounding a bit grouchy about this, but I just purchased 4 licenses a few weeks ago. Two machines are having issues. I don't expect this kind of bug with a paid purchase!! It's a lot of time to put in. I'll do what's needed, but I'm not happy about it!!!

That said--I appreciate your help and replies.

JB

Edited by JanetB

Hi Devin,

Here's the info requested, and files attached. I think I got them all.

1. Brief description of the issue.

Protections turn themselves off. It started with Web Protections. I followed instructions in a MB article on ways to correct this. It seems to have worked. About one week later, though, the Ransomware Protection turned off. I turned it back on and so far, it has remained on. But what will turn itself off next?

1. Any screenshot(s) of error messages(s) or other incorrect behavior

I am notified of this behavior via the (helpful) pop-up box that informs me my protection is off.

1. If the system crashed (aka blue screen of death or BSOD), please include the error message
    1. Note: we will reach out to you if we need a full memory dump

No crashes.

1. Details on how you encountered the bug and any steps that can be taken to reproduce it.

Problem occurs sporadically. I’m sure if I turned the start-up options back on, I would have the same problems again. They are also occurring on another Windows 7 machine at another location.

1. Do you get the same result more than once if you follow the same steps? Y/N

N/A

1. Obtain and post a copy of the Malwarebytes logs

Zip file attached.

1. Create and obtain Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) logs

Requested files attached from FRST: FRST.txt and Addition.txt

1. Create and obtain an mb-check log:

Requested mb-checkResult.txt attached.

mb_logs.zip

Addition.txt

FRST.txt

MB-CheckResult.txt

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Devin,

Hadn't heard anything back for a while after posting the requested files, so thought I'd check in. Still sleuthing?  Had the ransomware turn itself off again randomly yesterday. I'm trying to see now if it occurs in conjunction with other actions--like hard boot vs. soft, or Avast running a scan. Or anything else I observe. Not enough data so far....

Edited by JanetB