Remove Nksi38di43-env.us-east-1.elasticbeanstalk.com

Hi Gang

I'm currently using Malwarebytes Premium Version 2.2.1.1043 with Windows 7 on a Desktop with browsers IE version 11 version 11.6.9600.178.43 (and) Mozila Firefox 50. I also use Microsoft Security Essentials. Some of you may be familiar with malware: Nksi38di43-env.us-east-1.elasticbeanstalk.com? The problem is that I frequently get 'Malwarebytes Pop Up's' stating this is malicious malware and has been blocked. It pops up and down and eventually goes away. I've read if/when your system becomes infected this Malware can attack internet and wireless connectivity causing breaks in the connection. I believe this is happening now as I try to stream movies. I've been to: https://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-nksi38di43-env-us-east-1-elasticbeanstalk-com/#adwcleaner and downloaded adwcleaner_6.044 - I'm about to install it and continue to follow instructions but thought I should check with you guys first? Any tips or suggestions?

Thank You So Much!

I am very familiar with that.

See my post; HTML.FakeAlert

You will see I reported two sites that are similar

http://notif-sys-cwrf89rtvm-env.us-east-1.elasticbeanstalk.com/frv3/us.php
http://notice-sys-k4q16nbjt3-env.us-east-1.elasticbeanstalk.com/frv3/us.php

877-359-7074

That is all they are. They are nothing but web sites but more importantly, frauds and they are not malware.  At least not malicious software that resides on your PC.  Therefore, no software on your PC can remove them.  The POV is the Internet, not your PC.

I have created a series of videos generated from these fraud sites for the purposes of recognition and education.  They are all  videos from real web sites.  ALL are FRAUDS.

MalwareScam.wmv

MalwareScam-1.wmv

MalwareScam-2.wmv

MalwareScam-3.wmv

MalwareScam-4.wmv

MalwareScam-5.wmv

MalwareScam-6.wmv

( **Also located at "My Online Security" - Some videos of typical tech support scams )

As noted above, I do my best to submit as many of these fraud sites as possible such that Malwarebytes' products can block access to them.  You can see my submissions in;  Newest IP or URL Threats  labeled as "HTML.FakeAlert".

Since they are Fake Messages Alerting you to a non-incident, they care called FakeAlerts.  Since they are not based upon software on a PC and they reside on a web site they are specifically called a HTML.FakeAlert.

Reference:   
US FBI PSA - Tech Support Scam

Edited by David H. Lipman

Hello David

Yes I understand: these are not worms or anything similar that ingests itself in your PC or system. And that's great research you've done regarding them! However is it true whatever it is can interfere with streaming? And what about that link I posted above? Is that removal tool something that originated from Malwarebytes? And no I have not installed it.

Thank You David

Mike   

They may interfere with browsing the 'net when they show-up on a page due to a malvertisement promotion and when they lock the Browser and/or cause a very high CPU utilization, it makes the Browsing experiencing "difficult" to say the least.

A good streaming site should not experience malvertisements.  If a streaming site is plagued with malvertisements foisting these FakeAlerts, I suggest finding a better streaming site.

Malwarebytes AdwCleaner

is a recently acquired product.

David

Can you please tell me: Is it advisable/helpful to use the removal tool? Will it help prevent 'Browser Lock' ? Do you have any idea how/where my system became affected by these Fake Pop Up's?

Is this the link?

https://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-nksi38di43-env-us-east-1-elasticbeanstalk-com/#adwcleaner  (adwcleaner_6.044)

Edited by Filmmaker

There is no problem in using the tool.  However it won't change anything associated the the FakeAlert nor will it prevent the 'Browser Lock' condition.  Because MBAM can block these sites, I submit them so they can be blocked.

These HTML.FakeAlert web sites can only affect your system when the Browser is loaded and rendering the web site content.

• Root Admin

Glad we could help. :)If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!