latest mbam 3.0 version STILL has the real-time protection off issue :\

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mecanicogolf:

It happened again to me this morning.  I have been in the habit of launching "services.msc" under an "Administrative Command Prompt" and stopping, then restarting the MBAMService.  That seems to resolve the issue, at least for me.

Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil

• 2 weeks later...

I've been having this issue, on and off, since December.  There's an upgrade, it may (or may not) go away, then comes back.  Now, at least once a day, I get an alert saying a component of Real TIme Protection is turned off.  If I click "turn on", it's fine. 

I've already done the "uninstall using MBAM uninstaller" and re-installed, sometime in January.  Right now I'm using ver 3.06.1469, component version 1.0.0, update package 1.0.1508.

I've used MBAM for years and recommend it to all of my clients (I'm a tech).  I don't know what the heck is going on here, but this isn't the kind of quality I expect from the "gold standard" of anti-malware programs.

The only thing that has changed on my computer is I'm using Backblaze for backups, having switched from Acronis.  There is absolutely no reason there should be a connection there, but in the interest of solving this, I'm mentioning it.

- Russ

14 minutes ago, therealex said:

I've already done the "uninstall using MBAM uninstaller" and re-installed, sometime in January.  Right now I'm using ver 3.06.1469, component version 1.0.0, update package 1.0.1508.

- Russ

Russ, you are on an older version of Malwarebytes, there is a new version out that was supposed to address the issue your having.  Follow the steps below to get the latest version installed. (remember to deactivate your Malwarebytes program first before you perform the steps).

Let's try this first....

1. Please follow the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - Malwarebytes mb-clean tool (after uninstalling you can download the latest version to re-install from HERE)
  2. If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and attach to your next reply the 4 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 4 logs are: mbam logs zipped, FRST.txt, Addition.txt and mb-checkResult.txt)
  3. NOTE: More info about Malwarebytes 3.0.6 CU3 HERE; MB 3 User Guide ONLINE; MB 3 User Guide PDF; MB 3 FAQ: Malwarebytes 3.0 - Frequently Asked Questions

Please let us know how it goes.

Thank You,

Firefox

I have found that running MB by itself, I mean uninstalling or stopping All AV on my PC, that it runs very well and PC's faster. With Defender or MSE it bogs things down. 

If Malwarebytes is advertising that it's now an AV, then I will use it Until or If I get infected. Until then.... 

Same problem with mine.  It turns itself off without warning.  I check it frequently to turn it back on because it is happening so often.  Yesterday (March 15) it happened twice.  I have tried all recommended workarounds and none of them have worked (uninstall, reinstall, reboots, turn this or that off, etc.).

I am using:
Malwarebytes version: 3.0.6.1469
Component package version: 1.0.75
Update package version: 1.0.1508

Here are all of my required test files which are current as of March 15, 2017.

Addition.txt

FRST.txt

MBAMSERVICE.zip

MB-CheckResult.txt

47 minutes ago, EdS said:

Interesting idea.  I leave Windows Defender running on my 8 and 10 computers.  Should I run MBP by itself?

I was told by the techs that many people are. I stated that it wouldn't go off on the EICAR test so I was skeptical. If you have no AV turned on, then MB takes over automatically. 

6 minutes ago, mecanicogolf said:

If you have no AV turned on, then MB takes over automatically. 

Malwarebytes works the same way if you have your AV on or not. Many, myself included consider MB a second layer of protection. You are welcome to think it as your first layer BUT you should have BOTH layers on

2 minutes ago, mecanicogolf said:

I just thought that it would slow down the computer. 

Depends  on the computer and what else is running as well. If you run a MANUAL scan MB will use all AVAILABLE power of your CPU to complete the scan as fast as possible. This is upsetting people but If I choose to run a scan I want it over with as fast as possible. If I decide to run a manual scan that is the only thing I plan to do during that time so it does not bother me if it uses all my CPU power during that short time.

I used to format my hard drives at least once a year then reinstall everything.  Last year I must have done it 20+ times because of non-stop issues.  That's why I have activation problems.  If all software companies got their stuff together and allowed deactivating this wouldn't be a problem.

They never consider that Windows 10, the worst OS yet, causes a lot of problems for many of us.  I don't even allow it to install updates anymore because it slows my computers down.  I block it in Services then when it resets itself back to running I block it again.  I think Windows 10 gets its revenge when I do that because some software starts to not function properly like Microsoft's own software.

I believed months ago that a lot of the issues with MB are due to Windows 10.