"Real-time protection layers is turned off" still happening

The issue with Real-time protection layers is turned off is still happening. I am aware of the threads mentioned below and I have tried the suggested fixes for turning on/off delaying real time protection module, early start etc. It doesn't seem to make a difference 50% of the times I login into Windows Real time protection is turned off and cannot be turned on. If I then quit Malwarebytes and tries to start it again I get the "cant connect to service" error dialog window. I then have to restart windows, cross my fingers and hope Malwarebytes works, and sometimes have to restart once more because it does it again....!

When will this issue be finally fixed? This never happened before upgrading to Malwarebytes 3. (I am currently using 3.06)

Edited by jayman1000

I created an account here to say the same exact thing. In fact, since the new update, this issue has actually gotten worse. It used to happen only occasionally, but now it happens at every single boot, and none of the suggestions from the previous threads have worked. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware was flawless, and I'm seriously considering going back to it if this can't be resolved within a reasonable timeframe.

4 hours ago, lljwagg said:

I'm a bit annoyed about this actually as it is a PAID for programme - and not cheap at that.

Just shoddy and the same issues keep happening. I also have tried all the 'fixes' with no joy again.....

Refund anyone?????

Don't give up Malwarebytes completely.

Although some members don't like the following advice, I give that advice over and again:

As long as version 3 has for quite a few customers several bugs and issues, revert to Anti-Malware 2. 

Anti-Malware 2 is an excellent program against malware and a lot of other threats in the internet.

If Malwarebytes can offer a version 3, which runs for nearly all customers without issues, you can reinstall version 3. 

Your current license is valid both for previous Anti-Malware 2 and MB version 3. 

11 hours ago, GMork said:

Don't give up Malwarebytes completely.

Although some members don't like the following advice, I give that advice over and again:

As long as version 3 has for quite a few customers several bugs and issues, revert to Anti-Malware 2. 

Anti-Malware 2 is an excellent program against malware and a lot of other threats in the internet.

If Malwarebytes can offer a version 3, which runs for nearly all customers without issues, you can reinstall version 3. 

Your current license is valid both for previous Anti-Malware 2 and MB version 3. 

I think you are missing the point, people are PAYING good money for the latest and best protection NOT to have to uninstall, reinstall and downgrade. I think you need to think about lowering the price considerably or offer refunds to those that paid for this programme since the introduction of version 3.0 - it just isn't fit for purpose currently. I for one am very disappointed with it especially as Malwarebytes has such a great reputation. Malwarebytes - you need to get it fixed fast to save face. 

Edited by lljwagg
Typo

1 hour ago, lljwagg said:

I think you are missing the point, people are PAYING good money for the latest and best protection NOT to have to uninstall, reinstall and downgrade. I think you need to think about lowering the price considerably or offer refunds to those that paid for this programme since the introduction of version 3.0 - it just isn't fit for purpose currently. I for one am very disappointed with it especially as Malwarebytes has such a great reputation. Malwarebytes - you need to get it fixed fast to save face. 

Malwarebytes will be happy to give you a full refund just contact their support desk.

57 minutes ago, lljwagg said:

I understand your disappointment and resentment.and also your feedback to the current version 3 - I agree to your apposite remark "it isn't fit for purpose currently",.

I have written it already some time ago in another reply, Malwarebytes begins to lose its excellent reputation in Germany as well. You can read already respective posts in German forums.

But I am sure, that Malwarebytes will be able to fix the issues. Therefore I repeat it once again: Until that time use Anti-Malware 2, as I do it as well.

Addressed to Malwarebytes: Don't strain the patience of your customers too long...:unsure:

53 minutes ago, GMork said:

But I am sure, that Malwarebytes will be able to fix the issues. Therefore I repeat it once again: Until that time use Anti-Malware 2, as I do it as well.

Here's the issue with falling back MBAM 2:

1. it is an older engine that may not be up to date for current malware
  2. support for version 2 will end soon

It's been about three month that MB 3.0 had been released and the sporadic web protection failure had been an issue ever since. One would think that with all of the reports and data sent to tech support, and presumably to developers, that this issue should have been resolved by now. Since it had not been done, maybe it's an indication of deeper issues and/or even the developers are lost as to why the web protection is failing at some times, but not other times. In either case, this is getting old by now for the end users and Malwarebytes' reputation suffers in the process.

I still hold out hope that they'll be able to fix MB soon, it is a great solution in protecting one's system. But just like others, my patience is wearing thin...

21 minutes ago, dont_touch_my_buffer said:

it is an older engine that may not be up to date for current malware

Yes, of course, but if you install at least every two days the newest updates for Anti-Malware 2, I believe, the danger being infected by new malware isn't very great.

27 minutes ago, dont_touch_my_buffer said:

support for version 2 will end soon

Either Malwarebytes has fixed all issues till they end the support of version 2 and everybody can change unproblematically to version 3 or 

they must maintaine the support of version 2 - ending the support of version 2 without a smoothly running version3  would be commercial suicide!.

• 1 month later...

Hello Users,

We have a new release for MB 3.0.6 . This is CU4 update.

This update has fixed the Real time protection settings not starting issues.

You can find more details about the fixes and also the Download link in the following Forum Post.

Please try the latest build and let us know if you are still seeing issues:

Thank you,