Real-Time Web Protection Blocks Internet

I have version 3.0.6.1469 installed with the 14 day free trial. With Real-Time Web Protection enabled, it blocks the internet. I can't access websites or update software like my anti-virus.

I'm using Windows 10 and have dial-up (yes, seriously). I'm using a PCIe soft modem. I'm certain that I don't have the Killer Network wifi card that's been discussed on these forums. There's nothing about it listed in Network Connections.

I'd like to try to get this resolved before the trial period expires so I can properly test out the software to see if I want to purchase a subscription. As it was, I already lost five days because I couldn't get that annoying reCAPTCHA puzzle to work correctly on the forum registration page.

Ok, I'm slightly confused. What size is the package if it were updated through the program? Because it looks like there's an option to download the installer off the main site and that's around 54.5 MB. That would take me 6 hrs. The program is showing it's "current" with component package 1.0.50.

If needed, is there a way for me to extend my trial period by a couple days? On Tuesday I'll only have three days left. If the component package is really 54 MB even through the program, I'm gonna have to get someone to download it on a flash drive for me. I'd like to be able to test out the real-time protection before the trial period expires. If I got the file tomorrow (Tuesday, the 7th), I wouldn't be able to install it until after 5 pm.. That would only give me two days to really test it out, assuming the new update actually fixes my problem.

I upgraded to the latest version (with component package 1.0.75) and I still have no internet with Web Protection enabled. Is it possible this has something to do with me being on dialup?

If you think that could be the problem, I can try installing it on my Win XP computer and see what happens. That could give a clue as to whether it might be dialup related.

I've tried several browsers, but the problem affects all of them (Firefox, Chrome, Edge, Pale Moon). It also blocks software updates in Avast and other programs. If Web Protection is off, everything works fine.

My free trial period ends today, before 10 pm EST. I can't imagine this problem will get resolved, so I'm not sure there's any point in asking for an extension. :(

Not to steal focus away from the OP, but I just wanted to butt in for a moment and indicate that it may be more widespread (and inconsistent) than just a dial-up issue. I was having issues with Chrome and the latest MBAM with the CU3 update, and it blocking my internet, or making it horrendously slow at times. I knew, because I would load firefox up, go to the same site, and have no issues, whilst Chrome was still "Loading" and didn't liven up even with a F5 refresh. It behaved most of the time, and then occasionally just started playing up. I also tried turning the web protection off, and Chrome suddenly returned to normal service. This is with a ADSL connection on a GbE home network. So my current fix is no MBAM3 until the next installment... ;). I'll hop off the soapbox now! 

Edited by pfeerick

• 2 months later...

Just repeating what pfeerick said. I have the same problem as the OP, but I have a high speed internet connection. If Malwarebytes Web Protection is turned on, I can't use the internet. Until this is fixed, Malwarebytes web protection will be turned off, and I won't be recommending anyone use it. Please fix!