IP 239.255.255.250 PopUp

MattCole

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ok It has been 4 min without a pop up. 1404 update on ver 3.0 but more importantly to me, what kind of moron does not display the same info (originating program) in the scan report that is displayed in the fleeting pop up window. The engineers should corner the ux designer and beat the crap out of him with a cluestick.

Edited by ncrefugee
typo

Just to follow up, we pushed an update that fixes this. To fix the issue, simply update your copy of Malwarebytes (e.g. Malwarebytes 3.0 or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.x) then reboot your PC.

If needed, here are the database versions that fix this:

• Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.x Version: v2017.03.02.09
  • Malwarebytes 3 Version: 1.0.1404

If needed, here are the directions to update the database to the latest version:

• Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.x: Right click the Malwarebytes icon in the Notification Tray of Windows and select Check for Updates OR click the Update link in the Database Version field of the Dashboard.
  • Malwarebytes 3.0: Right click the Malwarebytes icon in the Notification Tray of Windows and select Check for Updates OR select the clickable link next to the word Updates under Scan Status of the Dashboard.

If you continue to experience this issue, please let us know and confirm the database version you have installed

Edited by AlexSmith
Added update instructions

Also note. popup started indicating chrome was the culprit, when chrome was closed it switched to vivaldi. Now chrome updates whenever it feels the urge, but vivaldi waits for my approval so I knew it was a F/p. But I shut down the ssdp service which uses that ip and it had no effect. Is win 10 now ignoring that service status? Was the F/P based on some other activity?

Edited by ncrefugee

3 minutes ago, AlexSmith said:

Just to follow up, we pushed an update that fixes this. To fix the issue, simply update your copy of Malwarebytes (e.g. Malwarebytes 3.0 or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.x) then reboot your PC.

If needed, here are the database versions that fix this:

• Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.x Version: v2017.03.02.09
  • Malwarebytes 3 Version: 1.0.1404

If you continue to experience this issue, please let us know and confirm the database version you have installed

Malwarebytes 3 Version: 1.0.1404, you can download this from the website? Sorry, longtime user of the 2..2.1.1043, but it never had problems. My newer version seems to have updated and no longer has the popup, didn't even reboot.

4 minutes ago, fjwag3 said:

Had the same problem, but the update seems to have fixed here too. I see some of you guys posting update #'s, you getting this somewhere in the software? No luck in finding, ha.

If you mean for V3, it's "Update package version" Under Settings | About. Counter intuitive I'm afraid! :-(

17 minutes ago, ncrefugee said:

ok It has been 4 min without a pop up. 1404 update on ver 3.0 but more importantly to me, what kind of moron does not display the same info (originating program) in the scan report that is displayed in the fleeting pop up window. The engineers should corner the ux designer and beat the crap out of him with a cluestick.

Exactly... what was wrong with the y.m.d.xxx format where xxx is a running number for the day?

Update 1.0.1404 for 3.0.6.1469 has arrived on my computer (Win 10) and finally stopped it. They were quick enough to tackle so I suppose one can't complain about the hour spent trying to identify the cause of the annoying popups. At first it seemed like a Chrome problem, so that was a wild-goose chase.

26 minutes ago, blub said:

Here's what I'm loaded up with.  Still happening.  Help -- pimp down, code 42!

core.PNG

Looks like you are on Component Package Version 1.0.50 when you should be on 1.0.75 - suggest you update to the latest version of MB 3.0 from the link mentioned here - or if you wait, it looks as if it will be pushed to you automatically.

36 minutes ago, blub said:

Here's what I'm loaded up with.  Still happening.  Help -- pimp down, code 42!

core.PNG

Let's try this first....

1. Please follow the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - Malwarebytes mb-clean tool (after uninstalling you can download the latest version to re-install from HERE)
  2. If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and attach to your next reply the 4 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 4 logs are: mbam logs zipped, FRST.txt, Addition.txt and mb-checkResult.txt)
  3. NOTE: More info about Malwarebytes 3.0.6 CU3 HERE; MB 3 User Guide ONLINE; MB 3 User Guide PDF; MB 3 FAQ: Malwarebytes 3.0 - Frequently Asked Questions

Please let us know how it goes.

Thank You,

Firefox

5 minutes ago, TempLost said:

Looks like you are on Component Package Version 1.0.50 when you should be on 1.0.75 - suggest you update to the latest version of MB 3.0 from the link mentioned here - or if you wait, it looks as if it will be pushed to you automatically.

Just an observation: according to 'Settings | About' I'm still on 'Component package version' 1.0.50 and update to 'Update package version' 1.0.1404 solved the issue for me..

1 minute ago, ottchris said:

Just an observation: according to 'Settings | About' I'm still on 'Component package version' 1.0.50 and update to 'Update package version' 1.0.1404 solved the issue for me..

That is correct, this issue is not with the Program version per say, it had to do with the database version, once they updated the database (definition file) the issue is resolved.

However it would not be a bad idea to also update your Malwarebytes program itself.

31 minutes ago, Firefox said:

That is correct, this issue is not with the Program version per say, it had to do with the database version, once they updated the database (definition file) the issue is resolved.

However it would not be a bad idea to also update your Malwarebytes program itself.

Thanks. Downloaded and ran latest install *without* prior uninstall and/or running Malwarebytes mb-clean tool. Component package version updated to 1.0.75 successfully. Thanks again for the suggestion.

1 minute ago, ottchris said:

Thanks. Downloaded and ran latest install *without* prior uninstall and/or running Malwarebytes mb-clean tool. Component package version updated to 1.0.75 successfully. Thanks again for the suggestion.

Great glad to hear you installed the latest version, if you run into issues, you may want to try the clean reinstall method I mentioned HERE, as that is what they are recommending...  

1 minute ago, Firefox said:

Great glad to hear you installed the latest version, if you run into issues, you may want to try the clean reinstall method I mentioned HERE, as that is what they are recommending...  

I'll bare that in mind as there is the question of why the component package did not update of its own accord. However, I've just lost enough time already today, so I took the chance that just running the install would be sufficient in this instance.