neurodoc007

Yep, just started for me too. 

These idiots decided to blacklist the SSDP broadcast IP address service which is essential for windows to discover printers among other things, as well as chrome to discover its chromecast. 

Good job guys!

Edited by mbates14

2 minutes ago, mbates14 said:

Yep, just started for me too. 

These idiots decided to blacklist the SSDP broadcast IP address service which is essential for windows to discover printers among other things, as well as chrome to discover its chromecast. 

Good job guys!

Well that explains why reverse DNS lookups are failing!

1 minute ago, mbates14 said:

Also when Clicking "Manage Exclusions" the data from the popup box is no longer transferred in. 

So if you wanna do an exclusion, you have to "remember" the popup data to add the filter. 

Again, Good job guys!

The data should be in a viewable report, it is on mine, although the extra steps just to get the ip address are annoying, they should have a way for you to copy it to the clipboard from the popup.

6 minutes ago, finch said:

I got this also.  Just started this morning.  I switched to Firefox and it seems to have stopped.

I have chrome.exe running in the background all the time because I use some chrome apps, like gmail notifier and hangouts.  I wonder why mbam started blocking this today?  Is there some way to see the update history and the current definitions version number?

DOH!  Just found update number on "About" tab!

Edited by ronzie009
found answer

5 minutes ago, MysteryFCM said:

If you've got the latest updates and are still having this issue, please restart your machine.

Still does not fix the issue... svchost.exe is now being blocked to the same IP (239.255.255.250) as soon as the machine boots.  Good job!!!

Edited by Meathead

Same here.  I have uninstalled MBP 3.0.6, via the new Clean Tool, rebooted, installed the latest version of MB Premium, cold-booted, then updated, scanned, and I am still getting those pop-ups.  My database signatures are up-to date as of one minute ago.  This just started about two hours ago.

Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil

Just to follow up, we pushed an update that fixes this. To fix the issue, simply update your copy of Malwarebytes (e.g. Malwarebytes 3.0 or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.x) then reboot your PC.

If needed, here are the database versions that fix this:

• Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.x Version: v2017.03.02.09
  • Malwarebytes 3 Version: 1.0.1404

If needed, here are the directions to update the database to the latest version:

• Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.x: Right click the Malwarebytes icon in the Notification Tray of Windows and select Check for Updates OR click the Update link in the Database Version field of the Dashboard.
  • Malwarebytes 3.0: Right click the Malwarebytes icon in the Notification Tray of Windows and select Check for Updates OR select the clickable link next to the word Updates under Scan Status of the Dashboard.

If you continue to experience this issue, please let us know and confirm the database version you have installed

Edited by AlexSmith
Added directions

@AlexSmith

Thank you for the fast response.  I am updated, removed the exclusion, and all seems good.

I needed to get the newest version anyways and your new Clean tool worked great.

Thank you again, and have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil

17 minutes ago, neurodoc007 said:

how do you find update number without a scan and report

In version 2 - Hover over the MBAM icon in the system tray and look at the database version numbers
In version 3 - Go to Settings -> About -> look at Update package version