Jump to content
tokis

Outbound - chrome.exe and svchost.exe

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, lenovoy50-70 said:

I checked, and it says there are no new updates.

 

then you will have to wait like me and alot of others :( the techs are working on it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

double check what version of the application you are running -- I was running version 2.0 until I just noticed on the website that 3.0 is now available.

The first patch that came out on my 2.0 fixed the pop-ups, and with the update to 3.0 all is still good for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting the same notices on Windows 10, both Chrome and svchosts, started this morning. In each case the domain is blank, the site is just an unresolved IPv4, and the port changes on each new notice. Based on other comments appears to be widespread, so I'm less worried, for a minute thought I was the target of some odd port scan. Happy to contribute further info/logs if they'd be helpful. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I downloaded the new version twice but can't open it. It just cycles. Can't open in browser or from the OS folder

Can someone please confirm in layman's terms exactly what Chrome is trying to do here? Is it malicious? A false positive? If the latter I can go about my day and take care of this later. 

 

Capture.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, morgan said:

I downloaded the new version twice but can't open it. It just cycles. Can't open in browser or from the OS folder

Can someone please confirm in layman's terms exactly what Chrome is trying to do here? Is it malicious? A false positive? If the latter I can go about my day and take care of this later. 

 

Capture.PNG

It's nothing to be concerned about :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This seems to be affecting all users regardless of the Malwarebytes version they have installed. I have been running 3.0.5.1299 Comp Pack. 1.0.43 for a couple months without issue until today with this notification about 239.255.255.250.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update package version: 1.0.1404 Has worked! No popups seen since update.

Thanks MB Team  :D

Edited by rubisc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all

This false positive will now be fixed with the most recent database update > 1.0.1404

Again our sincerest apologies on this guys.

* As this issue is confirmed to be resolved i will lock the thread now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.