tokis

Outbound - chrome.exe and svchost.exe

5 minutes ago, Doirse said:

I was just about to post w same problem...just updated with the new fix and waiting to see if it stops...fingers crossed

So far so good...v2017.03.02.05 premium seems to have done the job

Hi guys

This is the current database versions which should have fixed the alert.

MBAM2 Version: v2017.03.02.05
MBAM3 Version: 1.0.1403

6 minutes ago, rubisc said:

Just updated, it's not stopped.

Certainly seems to be connected to opening new tabs though.

I'm also still getting the popup.

2 minutes ago, Fatdcuk said:

Hi guys

That is the version I am on. 

I presume you are referring to the part where it says "update package version:1.0.1403"

Edited by rubisc
Clarity

2 minutes ago, rubisc said:

That is the version I am on. 

I presume you are referring to the part where it says "update package version:1.0.1403"

That is the version I have, and I am still experiencing the popup warning.

I am on 3.0 .6 1469  and i cant find a way to initiate an update like i could on old style , how do you do that

oh and I am STILL getting popups

13 minutes ago, Fatdcuk said:

Hi guys

The issue is not fixed with version 1.0.1403. Still getting popups. 

mwbytes.JPG

Edited by JFS

6 minutes ago, JFS said:

yes, that is what i am experiencing, 

btw how do you force an update on 3.0 or try and see if there is one, i dont see that option

found it but wow, hard to find

The issue is not fixed with version 1.0.1403. Still getting popups. 

mwbytes.JPG

Edited by Libertas1

Getting them here with:

Version Information

Malwarebytes version: 3.0.6.1469

Component package version: 1.0.50

Update package version: 1.0.1403

Checked for update and I'm told I'm current.

I'm still getting popups on  MBAM3 Version: 1.0.1403

Sooo...In order to disable them for the time-being you can change your chrome flag:

Load Media Router Component Extension - Set this to disabled - But you won't be able to use Chromecast etc for the time being and it's NOT A FIX, just a cover up.

Pop-up stopped on one PC

The other seemed more persistant but seem to have stopped now after a few restarts but I had done some adwcleaner cleaning in between. I do think it fixed itself though and not through what I had done.

I did run adwcleaner - which found some stuff - I think Malwarebytes now own this software, it finds lots of things MB misses so I suspect actually not that of a risk.

There seem to be two versions? I think newer is 6.04 ( my other pc had 1.22 or something so think entirely different version)

Before going & doing lots of cleaning which I think can cause more trouble than it fixes might be best to let this filter through, if they know there is a problem I guess there is.

I did also windiws 10 defender, big scan & found techbrolo.AA but this takes hours & prob unrelated.

Seems Odd that this just happened out of the blue as I had not opened or updated malwarebytes?

Guys that are still experiencing the alert after updating to the current database.

Please can you restart your computers to see if this stops the alerts.

7 minutes ago, Libertas1 said:

I am on 3.0 .6 1469  and i cant find a way to initiate an update like i could on old style , how do you do that

oh and I am STILL getting popups

In the dashboard, on the right hand side, there are 3 boxes, in the box "scan status" the last option says "updates: Current", click on current and it will check for, and then update, MBAM3.

To check which version you are on, click on the my account button (top right) then navigate to the about tab (right underneath my account button) The version information is listed below. (For this particular issue we are looking at the "Update package version", not the "Malwarebytes version", mine is also 3.0.6.1469)

ok seems im getting the same as everyone else thought it was something i had done some how. started around an hour ago while on youtube. ive reinstalled malwarebytes because i thought it might of been that bugging out, but nope its still doing it ive searched for updates and it says its upto date.  but im still getting it sayin chrome is trying to connect to 239.255.255.250 Outbound and different ports all the time.
using version 3.0.6.1469
also if i close chrome then it says another program is trying to connect to something

2 minutes ago, Fatdcuk said:

Guys that are still experiencing the alert after updating to the current database.

Please can you restart your computers to see if this stops the alerts.

Restarted twice, still getting popups.

3 minutes ago, Fatdcuk said:

Please can you restart your computers to see if this stops the alerts

Restarted, but I'm still getting the popups constantly. (from different ports but same IP, in case if it's of any use)

Edited by Adil

3 minutes ago, rubisc said:

In the dashboard, on the right hand side, there are 3 boxes, in the box "scan status" the last option says "updates: Current", click on current and it will check for, and then update, MBAM3.

To check which version you are on, click on the my account button (top right) then navigate to the about tab (right underneath my account button) The version information is listed below. (For this particular issue we are looking at the "Update package version", not the "Malwarebytes version", mine is also 3.0.6.1469)

Thank you!  I see we are all still getting this issue, the popup on 3.0.  My version is 3.0.6.1469 and that is different from others I have seen people mention here

Is this a bug by Malwarebytes? I'm afraid if this might be because of some malware, because I removed some malware a few days ago. I have been scanning my pc everyday to make sure every trace is gone, and it says I don't have any left. Then suddenly this popup started 1 hour ago, and it keeps spamming. I already tried updating and restarting.

Just now, lenovoy50-70 said:

Is this a bug by Malwarebytes? I'm afraid if this might be because of some malware, because I removed some malware a few days ago. I have been scanning my pc everyday to make sure every trace is gone, and it says I don't have any left. Then suddenly this popup started 1 hour ago, and it keeps spamming. I already tried updating and restarting.

I'm guessing//hoping it's MB.

The only (noticeable) software change for me today was installing Wallpaper Engine through Steam.