3.0.6.1469/1.0.75 - x64's Feedback

Just a few observations about the ongoing issue(s) which unfortunately still appear to be present in 3.0.6.1469/1.0.75

Since the 1.0.75 beta update came out, I've had three 'protection failure to start' issues, one each (separate incidents) for "Web Protection", "Malware Protection", "Ransomware Protection". Each got stuck starting when initially attempting to re-enable.

Exiting Malwarebytes from the notification area icon and stating it again from the desktop icon restored protection or allowed me to start it from the relevant 'slider switch'.

I ran the previous 'beta release' "3.0.6.1469 CU3" for its entire public availabilty in that time suffered just one Web Protection stopped event (with same fix).

In the original 3.0.6 release - I had the occasional protection stopped issue - maybe one or two a week- (At that time I was 'fixing' it by restarting the PC. I'm not sure now if the reboots were neccessary).

The PC runs Win 10 Professional x64, running alongside KTS 2017 and Macrium V6 (just about to move to v7).

I'm also not entirely convinced that the VSS issue is fixed - there are still a few files in SVI that appear to grow (slightly) when taking Macrium backups - Certainly however I did get quite a bit of disk space back after my first image using the original CU3. I also use file/folder macrium backups.   

This post is or information only - I'm not looking to post logs or engage support at this time. I'll follow up with any further relevant information I come across.

x64

Edited by x64

25 minutes ago, x64 said:

Just a few observations about the ongoing issue(s) which unfortunately still appear to be present in 3.0.6.1469/1.0.75

Since the 1.0.75 beta update came out, I've had three 'protection failure to start' issues, one each (separate incidents) for "Web Protection", "Malware Protection", "Ransomware Protection". Each got stuck starting when initially attempting to re-enable.

Exiting Malwarebytes from the notification area icon and stating it again from the desktop icon restored protection or allowed me to start it from the relevant 'slider switch'.

I ran the previous 'beta release' "3.0.6.1469 CU3" for its entire public availabilty in that time suffered just one Web Protection stopped event (with same fix).

In the original 3.0.6 release - I had the occasional protection stopped issue - maybe one or two a week- (At that time I was 'fixing' it by restarting the PC. I'm not sure now if the reboots were neccessary).

The PC runs Win 10 Professional x64, running alongside KTS 2017 and Macrium V6 (just about to move to v7).

I'm also not entirely convinced that the VSS issue is fixed - there are still a few files in SVI that appear to grow (slightly) when taking Macrium backups - Certainly however I did get quite a bit of disk space back after my first image using the original CU3. I also use file/folder macrium backups.   

This post is or information only - I'm not looking to post logs or engage support at this time. I'll follow up with any further relevant information I come across.

x64

Your statement "The PC runs Win 10 Professional,.............................and Macrium Reflect V6 (just about to move to v7)"  concerns me.  Have you read the forum posts on Macrium Reflect V7?  You may want to hold off for a while before moving to V7.  Unless you have enjoyed the experience so far with Malwarebytes 3.0 - lol.

Thanks for the warning but i have done my own reality check on V7 on my testbed system yesterday. Yes it has issues, but the backups work. I'm UK based so the timezone issue wouldn't have affected me (and Macrium already patched that and some other issues - within 24 hours!). 

I'm a third line network engineer so whilst not imune, I am in a better position to deal with and analyse any isues that I see.(crossing fingers anyhow!). I've already reported one new minor product issue and one more serious non-product issue to them (and I reserve the right to remain cryptic about that! :) ).

x64