SecurityXploded software ?

Gt-truth

Hi

can someone’s to tell my why MBAM is flagged SecurityXploded FIREPASSWORDVIEWER ? 

and not sure if SecurityXploded website is getting blocked by mbam or not so can someone check ?

RiskWare.SecurityXploded, C:\USERS\\DOWNLOADS\FIREPASSWORDVIEWER.ZIP, Quarantined, [118], [342260],1.0.1360

• Staff

Hi,

The reason why this is being detected is because firefoxpassworviewer is also often bundled in malware in order to steal the firefox passwords being stored, so we need to alert the user here.

You can add it to your ignore list if you have installed this yourself. 

Malwarebytes is not blocking the site. I verified it here myself, with Malwarebytes installed (webprotection on) and it loads fine here (win10)

However, on my other PC (in a virtual machine), the site won't load (where I don't even have malwarebytes installed) - win7

28 minutes ago, miekiemoes said:

Hi,

The reason why this is being detected is because firefoxpassworviewer is also often bundled in malware in order to steal the firefox passwords being stored, so we need to alert the user here.

You can add it to your ignore list if you have installed this yourself. 

Malwarebytes is not blocking the site. I verified it here myself, with Malwarebytes installed (webprotection on) and it loads fine here (win10)

However, on my other PC (in a virtual machine), the site won't load (where I don't even have malwarebytes installed) - win7

HI

thank you to let me your info . however I want ask you if their software is really safe to use or not .  Just to be safe ./or their software is a malware hence even Firefox browser is blocking downloading for some of their software

Edited by Gt-truth