Hey all, (I hope I'm posting in the right forum)

Just purchased Acronis True Image 2017 NG Premium and it comes with a protection module against ransomware. I shut it off until I can ascertain it's compatibility with Mbam 3.0. No, I haven't posted in their forums yet fearing that I will only get biased answers if you know what I mean ;-)

Anyways, I've scoured the interweb and have not found any threads relating to my question. I was hoping someone here would know something, or have heard anything.

Thanks in advance,

K

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings and welcome :)

While I do not have any first-hand knowledge of whether the two are compatible, I can tell you that much of it depends on how the ransomware protection in Acronis functions.  If it's simply something like a scheduled/automatic file backup/encryption etc. type mechanism designed to protect your files from ransomware by storing clean/protected copies of them somewhere then no, I do not believe it should interfere with Malwarebytes at all.

I hope that's of some use to you, at least until someone with more info comes along to answer your question.

And thanks for using Malwarebytes to help keep you safe online :) !