New beta update installer posted

Still some major problems.

You can't install it over the previous version without manually stopping MBAMservice.exe.

Then you need to reboot before it will behave itself, though it doesn't prompt you to reboot, you just have to figure it out yourself.

As before scans sometimes mysteriously stop in the middle, but I think it happens a little less often. Clicking the mouse on some parts of the UI sometimes used to stop scans in the middle on the previous beta and doesn't seem to now, it just seems random.

I'll have a better idea how bad it is in a day or two.

Edited by bdg2
30 minutes ago, mightaswell said:

All working as it should. However the dashboard protection counter appears to be excessive. I mean I have just clean installed mbam 3 and visited http://iptest.malwarebytes.org/ two times for DNS checking and the counter says 6 real time protections. Have had no protection alerts aside from the two web blocks. Also noticed this in the previous component version where the number was over 40 so called real time protections on the counter but way above what it should have been according to alerts for real time protection I received.  

Capture.JPG.38ce064c2bbd1098d9a4c2dfe4477699.JPG

IMO, the 'Real-Time detections' numbers increase is because of the 'Web Protection' module.  Even if you click on the iptest site, the number increases by more than 1.

Robert

24 minutes ago, bobmitch said:

Installed.  Thanks mightaswell.  Now...As bdg2 stated...have to close the app...makes sense...did that...rebooted and viola...web protection not running...????  Will let it brew for a few days and see what happens

Is the self protection enabled under settings > protection > start up options? If not click on it and enable self protection , reboot and see what happens. If still no web protection click on the early start self protection and reboot.

That has helped me in the past.

27 minutes ago, Robertiy said:

IMO, the 'Real-Time detections' numbers increase is because of the 'Web Protection' module.  Even if you click on the iptest site, the number increases by more than 1.

Robert

YEs I have just opened the iptest site and the real time counter has gone from 6 to 15!  Must be multiple protections on the one site even though only see one protection warning.

That's why I, and many, have asked, "Why no clear or reset of the Protection History?"  Does not compute!  Almost all software have either a Set to Default or Clear/Reset built into their products.

When you see a well done product, it is because it was tested and retested before becoming available for public consumption.  Even when you/us think that it's a finished product, brainstorm and ask, "What are we missing or how can we make it better?"  In the long run, we and the paying public win's...satisfaction on both sides for a job well done!

Not to mention, "No better Sales & Marketing than Word of Mouth."  And, that works BOTH ways!

Robert

Edited by Robertiy

Have just had 2 BSOD "Bad pool Header" errors when navigating You Tube and playing videos. When I disabled  web protection there was no error when visiting same site and playing video. Then when  turned on protection again received the BSOD when starting to play video.

6 hours ago, mightaswell said:

Is the self protection enabled under settings > protection > start up options? If not click on it and enable self protection , reboot and see what happens. If still no web protection click on the early start self protection and reboot.

That has helped me in the past.

The button to enable web protection on early start is disabled and can't be changed on my machine.  However, after 15 seconds the M turns blue on my taskbar.  Not sure if this is by design...

4 hours ago, mightaswell said:

The BSOD happened in IE on a Win 10 x64 PC.

To mightaswell,

Your case has to be treated on a separate & new thread dedicated just only for you , for this pc.   This cannot be addressed properly in a "group" thread like this one here.

That is way too confusing otherwise  ( with other folks intermixing in and out).

Open up a brand new thread   & send me the link by P M

BSOD can well be due to other factors.   and if this has Windows 10 we need to know if it is the current branch build, or a Insider Preview build, in addition we will need diagnostic reports.

Thank you, Becky.  For those of us not brave enough to try the Beta and who have a now stable .1469, when might we expect the automatic update for this latest build?  Will you give us a head's up via this Forum?

Regards.

Thanks for your reply, Becky.

I have opened a ticket with the support team and they have been working on this issue for the past few weeks. So far no cause or solution has been found. The case no. is #: 1201588. I am more than a little concerned that this product is unable to detect it's own test URL, let alone something more malicious. Perhaps you can enlighten me on whether or not I can rely on this program in its current form?