Unquarnatine with MSDOS?

Hello,

Currently i cannot boot my PC so i can give no real details but in essence:

- i installed latest malwarebytes 3.x release 10 days ago or so at the tool request

- i did an analysis..the tool found 6 items for quarantine, one at least in qa win32 folder or so

- i allowed the tool to quanrantine

but when rebooting i cannot get into WINdows10 anymore, nor with repair or safe mode or ... I am able to get an MSDOS windows though

Hence logical question: how can i unquarantine that win32 file using msdos? Where is the quanratine folder, can i simply copy it etc?

13 minutes ago, shaun279 said:

try "sfc /scannow" without quotes in MS-DOS to repair your windows system files

If this does not work you can try doing a system restore back to a point in time before you removed the files from the Command Prompt you can type:

rstrui.exe

Alternatively you can seek help from the experts by starting a new topic HERE

Edited by Firefox
added content

OK, i will try this....Thanks.... though i assume that some the 'automatic' repair actions from Windows10 (when a boot does not work well) already try some of these proposals?

Anyhow, it looks like accessing the actual quarantined files to put them back in their 'old/good' place (via msdos only) is not an option?

We can close the topic in the sense that the workaround worked: the sfc/scannow command gave a issue on protection of the files (i guess i would have had to disable some aspect of security around protection of windows files) but the rstrui.exe command worked and restores the situation of a few days before the issue.

Thanks