Upgrade

I have two (2) computers with lifetime licenses.  One upgraded to version 3 a couple of weeks ago.  The second has yet to receive the update.  Checking for updates yields nothing (the option to check for program updates is checked).  What's the best way to update to version 3?  I'd prefer to retain settings and preferences if possible.  I did download the version 3 installer but it wants to install into a different directory than the existing version 2 installation.  Thanks.

For a successful update, uninstall v2 (deactivate any license before doing so). After uninstalling use the mbam clean uninstall tool 2x. Then install v3 using the preview download found at the top of the sticky posts.

Note: If you also have MBAE or MBAR installed, they should be uninstalled before installing v3.

Hi robkarp :)

The second has yet to receive the update.  Checking for updates yields nothing (the option to check for program updates is checked).

The updates are pushed in blocks, so not every users will receive the auto-upgrade to Malwarebytes 3.0 at once, as it would overload the servers. You can download and install Malwarebytes 3.0.6 directly from the thread below. Doing an "upgrade" that way should preverse your current settings.

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/forum/41-malwarebytes-30/

And Malwarebytes 3.0 wants to install in a different directory because now it installs in Program Files instead of Program Files (x86).

10 hours ago, Telos said:

For a successful update, uninstall v2 (deactivate any license before doing so). After uninstalling use the mbam clean uninstall tool 2x. Then install v3 using the preview download found at the top of the sticky posts.

At one point it was needed to do this in the early stages of MB3, however one should be able to install right over version 2.  If issues are then encountered then they may have to go through the clean reinstall process.

I would try to install right over the current version.

23 hours ago, Firefox said:

At one point it was needed to do this in the early stages of MB3, however one should be able to install right over version 2.  If issues are then encountered then they may have to go through the clean reinstall process.

I would try to install right over the current version.

This worked perfectly.  Even though version 2 was in a different folder than version 3 installed to, the new version "knew" about the old and deleted it.  All settings, preferences, and license info were carried over from version 2 to version 3.  Nice job people!

Even though version 2 was in a different folder than version 3 installed to, the new version "knew" about the old and deleted it.

Any Malwarebytes products will be uninstalled during the installation of Malwarebytes 3.0 since it includes all of them :)

Good to know that it worked for you robkarp!