Jump to content
Super Dave

Malwarebytes 3.0 lite

Recommended Posts

Just wishing out loud. I'm guessing there would be  huge support for a 3.0 product that included just malware protection & malicious web site protection.

Long time lifetime license user

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Basically, you're asking for Malwarebytes 2.2.1 to be supported alongside Malwarebytes 3.0.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So your topic does not go unnoticed or buried under all these trouble topics it may be best to post your topic in the Comments and Suggestions section HERE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Francois_Blais said:

But with real-time protection.

Like MBAM 2. :)

Prezactly

35 minutes ago, Aura said:

Basically, you're asking for Malwarebytes 2.2.1 to be supported alongside Malwarebytes 3.0.

Not exactly MB 3 has enhancements I would think could be utilized in a lite version. Speed of scan comes to mind right off the top.

But.................. if 2.2.1 continued support aka database updates is all MB would consider it would be better than having users abandoning MB altogether

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Super Dave said:

But.................. if 2.2.1 continued support aka database updates is all MB would consider it would be better than having users abandoning MB altogether

Which may happen (and is probably already happening) if MB3 doesn't get better soon.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please provide us a light version of MBAM 3, without anti-ransomware and anti-exploit.

(one could install their perpetual beta if wanted, along with Lite)

 

thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Firefox said:

So your topic does not go unnoticed or buried under all these trouble topics it may be best to post your topic in the Comments and Suggestions section HERE

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is it that you do not want anti-ransomware or anti-exploit? Trying to get more information to see your reasons behind wanting this. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I run Anti-exploit standalone, don't need anti-ransomware.

My first line of defense is safe surfing habits and caution.

I'm sure many users would use the Lite alone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tarun said:

Why is it that you do not want anti-ransomware or anti-exploit? Trying to get more information to see your reasons behind wanting this. :)

Mostly because right now MB 3.0 is a hot smoking mess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Super Dave said:

Mostly because right now MB 3.0 is a hot smoking mess.

That doesn't really give any reasons as to why you feel this way. Also, my question was to Francois Blais before the topic got merged into this one. :)

3 hours ago, Francois_Blais said:

I run Anti-exploit standalone, don't need anti-ransomware.

My first line of defense is safe surfing habits and caution.

I'm sure many users would use the Lite alone.

Is simply turning it off not sufficient enough? Bear with me, I'm trying to understand your point of view with this. Seeing as drive space is no longer an issue in this day and age.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Tarun Won't turning off anti-exploit or anti-ransomeware trigger continuous warning messages? I've heard quite a few people asking around on the forum asking how to disable these warning messages, only to be told it is impossible (and will continue to be impossible).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Tarun said:

That doesn't really give any reasons as to why you feel this way. Also, my question was to Francois Blais before the topic got merged into this one. :)

Is simply turning it off not sufficient enough? Bear with me, I'm trying to understand your point of view with this. Seeing as drive space is no longer an issue in this day and age.

Like Durew said, continuous warning messages...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps the addition of a message to suppress the warning notifications that alerts are disabled would be sufficient?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess so.
Recently I saw a message from staff somewhere indicating that Tarun's solution will be implemented later on. (Don't recal where)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys, I just wanted to add one more important detail which appears to have been overlooked in the discussion so far which is that, even though 2.x is still supported and receives database updates, it does not contain all of the same engine enhancements/detection capabilities included in the latest 3.x releases.  This means that there are threats which, even when both are completely up-to-date/using the exact same database versions, 3.x would be capable of stopping via Malware Protection as well as detecting/removing via scans.  Just something to keep in mind when sticking with an older version as this is quite frequently the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found it.

On 10-2-2017 at 8:42 AM, exile360 said:

That said, yes, an option to disable this type of notification is certainly planned for the future for scenarios where the user has deliberately disabled a component/changed a setting and does not wish to be notified about it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2017 at 9:29 PM, exile360 said:

Hey guys, I just wanted to add one more important detail which appears to have been overlooked in the discussion so far which is that, even though 2.x is still supported and receives database updates, it does not contain all of the same engine enhancements/detection capabilities included in the latest 3.x releases.  This means that there are threats which, even when both are completely up-to-date/using the exact same database versions, 3.x would be capable of stopping via Malware Protection as well as detecting/removing via scans.  Just something to keep in mind when sticking with an older version as this is quite frequently the case.

Which is why a 3.0 lite version that might actually work would be widely accepted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the part of the sentence that says "that might actually work"...

Honestly, the situation with MBAM 3 is pathetic IMHO.

I hope they do a post-mortem when (if) this new release gets ok and remember it when they plan version 4.

Actually, *I do not have problems with the latest build* besides that it slows down the PC a *lot*.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.