Malwarebytes 3.0 lite

Super Dave

41 minutes ago, Francois_Blais said:

But with real-time protection.

Like MBAM 2. :)

Prezactly

35 minutes ago, Aura said:

Basically, you're asking for Malwarebytes 2.2.1 to be supported alongside Malwarebytes 3.0.

Not exactly MB 3 has enhancements I would think could be utilized in a lite version. Speed of scan comes to mind right off the top.

But.................. if 2.2.1 continued support aka database updates is all MB would consider it would be better than having users abandoning MB altogether

4 hours ago, Super Dave said:

But.................. if 2.2.1 continued support aka database updates is all MB would consider it would be better than having users abandoning MB altogether

Which may happen (and is probably already happening) if MB3 doesn't get better soon.

1 hour ago, Super Dave said:

Mostly because right now MB 3.0 is a hot smoking mess.

That doesn't really give any reasons as to why you feel this way. Also, my question was to Francois Blais before the topic got merged into this one. :)

3 hours ago, Francois_Blais said:

I run Anti-exploit standalone, don't need anti-ransomware.

My first line of defense is safe surfing habits and caution.

I'm sure many users would use the Lite alone.

Is simply turning it off not sufficient enough? Bear with me, I'm trying to understand your point of view with this. Seeing as drive space is no longer an issue in this day and age.

@Tarun Won't turning off anti-exploit or anti-ransomeware trigger continuous warning messages? I've heard quite a few people asking around on the forum asking how to disable these warning messages, only to be told it is impossible (and will continue to be impossible).

8 hours ago, Tarun said:

That doesn't really give any reasons as to why you feel this way. Also, my question was to Francois Blais before the topic got merged into this one. :)

Is simply turning it off not sufficient enough? Bear with me, I'm trying to understand your point of view with this. Seeing as drive space is no longer an issue in this day and age.

Like Durew said, continuous warning messages...

Hey guys, I just wanted to add one more important detail which appears to have been overlooked in the discussion so far which is that, even though 2.x is still supported and receives database updates, it does not contain all of the same engine enhancements/detection capabilities included in the latest 3.x releases.  This means that there are threats which, even when both are completely up-to-date/using the exact same database versions, 3.x would be capable of stopping via Malware Protection as well as detecting/removing via scans.  Just something to keep in mind when sticking with an older version as this is quite frequently the case.

Found it.

On 10-2-2017 at 8:42 AM, exile360 said:

That said, yes, an option to disable this type of notification is certainly planned for the future for scenarios where the user has deliberately disabled a component/changed a setting and does not wish to be notified about it.

On 2/27/2017 at 9:29 PM, exile360 said:

Hey guys, I just wanted to add one more important detail which appears to have been overlooked in the discussion so far which is that, even though 2.x is still supported and receives database updates, it does not contain all of the same engine enhancements/detection capabilities included in the latest 3.x releases.  This means that there are threats which, even when both are completely up-to-date/using the exact same database versions, 3.x would be capable of stopping via Malware Protection as well as detecting/removing via scans.  Just something to keep in mind when sticking with an older version as this is quite frequently the case.

Which is why a 3.0 lite version that might actually work would be widely accepted.

I like the part of the sentence that says "that might actually work"...

Honestly, the situation with MBAM 3 is pathetic IMHO.

I hope they do a post-mortem when (if) this new release gets ok and remember it when they plan version 4.

Actually, *I do not have problems with the latest build* besides that it slows down the PC a *lot*.

• 5 weeks later...