MBAE service not starting after deploying

Hi there,

I have rolled out MBES from the admin console to all workstations with no problems.

However, I've found that when I roll out MBAM and MBAE via the console to servers, the MBAE isn't starting.

The program is installed but the service wont start.

When I try and start the service I get "The MBAE service on local comp started and then stopped...".

Please advise.

its happening to me from long time. it's happening to few machine not all of them. try to do below.

can you try: "Set the failure options for the sccomm service(MeeClientService) under Properties-> Recovery to 'Restart the Service' for all 3 fail options".

after that restart computer and check if services start automatically.

Edited by preyash
need to add more stuf

doesnt work, i cant start the service.

26 minutes ago, preyash said:

its happening to me from long time. it's happening to few machine not all of them. try to do below.

can you try: "Set the failure options for the sccomm service(MeeClientService) under Properties-> Recovery to 'Restart the Service' for all 3 fail options".

after that restart computer and check if services start automatically.

• Staff

Hello Kieferschild,

Do you mind taking a screenshot of the anti-exploit program files (or programfiles(x86) directory. I want to see if the files are being swapped correctly for the upgrade. Also, there was an additional log I needed from that forum post. I want to see what is installed on the machine that may be preventing our service from starting. To get these logs:

1: Please download FRST from the link below and save it to your desktop:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/

2: Double-click the purple FRST icon to run the program. Click Yes when the disclaimer appears.

3: Click the Scan button

4: When the scan has finished, it will make 2 log files in the same directory the tool is run, FRST.txt and Addition.txt. Please attach both files in your reply.

Rsullinger,

I'm not comfortable with downloading random software from a website full of ads for the sake of gathering info, which is why I didn't include it before. Annoyed that Malwarebytes doesn't have it's own data collecting tool since it's required. There is information in these logs which I do not want to be published on the internet for obvious reasons.

1.PNG

• Staff

Hello Kieferschild,

Thank you for the screenshot and the log. If you notice in the screenshot, there is ._'s on some of the files. Those are actually the update files for the new 1334 version. Something prevented them from being swapped out when the upgrade was done so those files are created and will be swapped out on the next reboot. At that time, our program will remove the old ones, rename the new ones and the service should start. Have you rebooted this particular computer since the initial incident?