Final release slowing boot time dramatically.

I joined this forum just to reply to a thread regarding this issue, seems that thread is dead as after 24+ hours there's been no reply or acknowledgement of the issue stated.. So, starting a thread because this issue needs to be addressed and resolved in an expedited fashion. Below you will find my original message.

Hi, I've been a long time user of Malwarebytes Anti Malware, since 2010, or shortly before, and I've never encountered a problem I couldn't deal with until this latest version. It took my Monster from booting to the desktop within 11 seconds to a black screen with only the white cursor after the windows logo, which lasts a full 60 seconds, absolutely unacceptable. I have several lifetime keys and several PC's, this has happened in every instance that I have installed this latest version of mbam. I actually joined the forum just to reply to this thread.

Current specs on my Monster

Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark1

Intel i7 4770K

16 GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance

EVGA GEFORCE GTX 980 Ti FTW

Samsung 850 Pro SSD

EVGA Supernova 1200 P2 80Plus Platinum PSU

Windows 7 Ultimate X64.

I am also running Norton Security Premium.

I have tried running the system without Norton installed just to see if it was a conflict issue, the situation does not improve with Norton uninstalled. The only thing that puts my baby back to normal is uninstalling Malwarebytes from my system. Please fix MBAM or unfortunately I will no longer be able to recommend it to my customers or my friends and family, and I will not be using it myself either as the boot time issue is a deal killer for me, I noticed also that this latest version of  MBAM has been using a ridiculous amount of RAM, that doesn't matter much to me as I have plenty to spare but on the majority of systems out there running 4 gigs at best it is simply crippling. I have several business clients using MBAM and they have complained to me about the system performance, I have unfortunately had to suggest they remove it from their systems entirely, and have gone and done so myself. I don't know how such a snafu could have eluded the developers. This is tragic and will cost the company big, as people are removing it from their systems left and right. Furthermore, downloading MBAM results in downloading this latest, very broken version and I have found no legitimate way to download an older more stable version. 

Your input is welcome and appreciated, thank you.  

:welcome:

17 minutes ago, Overclocked said:

I have several business clients using MBAM and they have complained to me about the system performance,

Business Clients should not be using this version. Violates EULA.

I have found no legitimate way to download an older more stable version. 

From the FAQ

I have tried Malwarebytes 3.0 but want to go back to MBAM 2.2.1
If for whatever reason you want to downgrade to MBAM 2.2.1 and wait for a new version of 3.0, you can do so easily. Simply uninstall Malwarebytes 3.0, reboot and then download and install MBAM 2.2.1 from here.

Newer version as of today

If you are still having issues...

I joined this forum just to reply to a thread regarding this issue, seems that thread is dead as after 24+ hours there's been no reply or acknowledgement of the issue stated..

One topic was enough and as you can see it is busy around here.

Edited by Porthos

1. you assumed and accused me of something without even asking me.. and I do not appreciate it.

2. thanks for that link but the comment you made of "if for whatever reason" what do you mean? for whatever reason... clearly I didn't build a system of this caliber to have a 60 second boot time!

3. I never made a topic... if you had actually read my post to someone ELSES thread, you'd of seen that instead of just being angry and wanting to find ways to bash me, a brand new user to this forum, and long time user of your software, and not to mention the thousands of people I have recommended your software to who have gone and purchased it... just wow... this is the kind of introduction I get to your support? My God.

11 minutes ago, Overclocked said:

3. I never made a topic... if you had actually read my post to someone ELSES thread, you'd of seen that instead of just being angry and wanting to find ways to bash me, a brand new user to this forum, and long time user of your software, and not to mention the thousands of people I have recommended your software to who have gone and purchased it... just wow... this is the kind of introduction I get to your support? My God.

Just to mention, @Porthos is not an employee of Malwarebytes so s/he is only voicing his/her opinion and trying to answer your topic, it may be best to wait for someone from staff to address your issues/questions.

I am a volunteer her only as well, and also a tech/business owner and I too have many customers that are having issues with this MB3 version.  For now I am recommending they stay on version 2 until a stable version 3 comes out.  Just today they released another updated version as mentioned above, you may give that version a try to see if things get better for you before you recommend it to others.

I plan on testing it myself.

HTH 

• Root Admin

Hello @Overclocked

Sorry to hear you're having an issue with the program. If you would, I'd like to get some logs from your system so that I can take a look and see what might be going on. There are a few different issues which should be addressed in the new build release.

Please read the following and post back the 3 requested logs as an attachment and I'll see what I can find. I'm running a system a tad beefier than yours at home and I'm not having this issue. Some users have expressed issues on a slow shutdown, but not a slow start like you mention.

Diagnostic Logs

Thank you

Ron

19 minutes ago, Overclocked said:

1. you assumed and accused me of something without even asking me.. and I do not appreciate it.

If you are talking about business use and the EULA I had ONLY what is in your post to go by.

21 minutes ago, Overclocked said:

2. thanks for that link but the comment you made of "if for whatever reason" what do you mean? for whatever reason... clearly I didn't build a system of this caliber to have a 60 second boot time!

That was WORD for WORD copy and paste from the OFFICIAL FAQ. You are welcome to read it yourself here is a link.

24 minutes ago, Overclocked said:

3. I never made a topic... if you had actually read my post to someone ELSES thread

If you had given it little more time you posted Posted Wednesday at 04:47 PM you would have been answered with more instructions or the post would have been moved to its own topic by an Administrator. As busy as it is here lately it can take sometimes 72 hours for a post to be acknowledged.

I am sorry you were offended but is @Firefox mentioned I am just a volunteer as well. and also a re-seller of MB as well. I just attempted to supply all the relivent info that you needed.

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

If you are talking about business use and the EULA I had ONLY what is in your post to go by.

That was WORD for WORD copy and paste from the OFFICIAL FAQ. You are welcome to read it yourself here is a link.

If you had given it little more time you posted Posted Wednesday at 04:47 PM you would have been answered with more instructions or the post would have been moved to its own topic by an Administrator. As busy as it is here lately it can take sometimes 72 hours for a post to be acknowledged.

I am sorry you were offended but is @Firefox mentioned I am just a volunteer as well. and also a re-seller of MB as well. I just attempted to supply all the relivent info that you needed.

If you had only what I had said to go by then you should have sent a message to me and asked me for more info before accusing me of theft and violating the EULA... here you are defending your public accusation instead of apologizing. Take a breath man.... have a cup of coffee and get to know someone before you tear them apart...you will scare people away from here with your attitude..and that ultimately loses money for the company. As for my post on someone elses thread not being replied to within 24 hrs.. well, I made my own thread instead because new threads get looked at...and every day that I leave my computer vulnerable is a day to many for me. I replied to another users thread in hopes this would be seen...when it wasn't I created my own thread, which btw is a separate issue from the issue mentioned in the other users thread... have a look.

@AdvancedSetup I have installed the latest version from the provided link, and the boot time impact is largely resolved. It is ever so slightly slower in shutting down still which doesn't bother me. The boot issue has decreased dramatically, from roughly a 60 second hang time to nearly negligible. Would you still like me to go ahead and download Farbar and get you those logs?  It is entirely possible that the original issue was created by me installing mbam version 3 over another version. When I received the notification I had simply Installed the updated version on top of the existing...after this was done I had the slow boot to desktop issue after the windows logo, I then uninstalled mbam completely and the issue was gone. I reinstalled it from the website and the issue was there again... uninstalled it and issue was resolved, now with this latest version I installed from the link you provided to me the issue is gone and all is working, also noted, I no longer have the notification saying real time protection is off...and refusing to go on/stay on regardless of how many times I clicked it... those issues are gone and my PC is functioning normally as is MBAM as far as I can tell. :)

Edited by Overclocked
adding info

So... downloading Farbar resulted in Norton Security removing it immediately... not sure how I feel about that. Going to look it up. I've included 2 screenshots of that.. perhaps because the file is so new that Norton sees it as a threat?

I was able to download and run the mbam check no problem and have attached the log.

what..PNG

MB-CheckResult.txt

......PNG

Edited by Overclocked

• Root Admin

FRST is safe. Symantec/Norton flags it because it uses AutoIT to create the program and software written and packaged using certainly can have the potential for harm. In this case though it is not dangerous unless provided a script telling it to do something dangerous.

If you search Google for FRST you'll find about 4 million hits for the program as it is currently one of the most popular programs for providing logs of what's running on a computer.

5 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

FRST is safe. Symantec/Norton flags it because it uses AutoIT to create the program and software written and packaged using certainly can have the potential for harm. In this case though it is not dangerous unless provided a script telling it to do something dangerous.

If you search Google for FRST you'll find about 4 million hits for the program as it is currently one of the most popular programs for providing logs of what's running on a computer.

I see that now after looking it up. I'll disable norton and run it, one sec....

Edited by Overclocked

Holy heck that's a crapton of personal info in that log. Every game I play, every program installed on my PC, network stuff, every device I have attached to my PC call me the privacy nut here but yeah, i'm gonna pass on that...and do some reading on it since i've never heard of it before, I mean I don't see anything out of the ordinary listed, just crap I own and crap I have installed... but what exactly are we looking for in here? I'm a quick study enlighten me Senpai. :D