Jump to content
aindriu80

ANSWERED Malwarebytes is blocking DNS on me ?

Recommended Posts

Quote

This site can’t be reached

eu.iqoption.com’s server DNS address could not be found.

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Hi,

I think I have got some malware on my computer, so I downloaded a trial of Malwarebytes 3.0 to identify it.  But I am getting another problem now, I cannot connect to certain websites. I also have an app from the same site that doesn't work and it won't work either.  

 I have everything ticked on the dashboard for maximum security so is there anything I can untick to enable certain websites to load or exclude themselves from Malwarebytes ?

thanks very much

 

**edit, I have excluded both the website and the Windows app in the exclusion list in settings but its not working

 

 

 

 

Edited by aindriu80

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is most likely not a false positive. The website is listed on hpHosts as FSA.

https://hosts-file.net/default.asp?s=iqoption.com

Been added in 2015, and updated in 2016. If you only need Malwarebytes to scan your system, you can disable the Trial under "My Account", which will disable the Web Protection module, and allow you to access to the websites (even though I would reconsider it since the one you listed is blocked for a reason).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Aura said:

This is most likely not a false positive. The website is listed on hpHosts as FSA.

https://hosts-file.net/default.asp?s=iqoption.com

Been added in 2015, and updated in 2016. If you only need Malwarebytes to scan your system, you can disable the Trial under "My Account", which will disable the Web Protection module, and allow you to access to the websites (even though I would reconsider it since the one you listed is blocked for a reason).

I disabled it and the site is now working.  THANKS

But the Premium trial has gone for good.  Hopefully I have enough protection to avoid the spyware - the stuff that opens countless pages when i click a link

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

When i installed Malwarebytes Premium trial i got the following error :

 

This site can’t be reached

eu.iqoption.com’s server DNS address could not be found.

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

 

I have excluded both the website and the Windows app in the exclusion list in settings but its not working

 

I disabled the Trial under "My Account", which disabled the Web Protection module and the site works now but this is a fault with Malwarebytes Premium softwaar

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, aindriu80 said:

Hi,

When i installed Malwarebytes Premium trial i got the following error :

 

This site can’t be reached

eu.iqoption.com’s server DNS address could not be found.

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

 

I have excluded both the website and the Windows app in the exclusion list in settings but its not working

 

I disabled the Trial under "My Account", which disabled the Web Protection module and the site works now but this is a fault with Malwarebytes Premium softwaar

 

You should run a threat scan with malwarebytes, Maybe its malware messing with ur dns.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, malbytes24 said:

You should run a threat scan with malwarebytes, Maybe its malware messing with ur dns.

 

i cant run a threat scan because your staff told me to disable my 14 day trial which disabled the trail permanently 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, aindriu80 said:

Hopefully I have enough protection to avoid the spyware - the stuff that opens countless pages when i click a link

The FREE version you now have does NOT protect from anything. You have to run it manually to clean up AFTER you are infected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, aindriu80 said:

i cant run a threat scan because your staff told me to disable my 14 day trial which disabled the trail permanently 

Threat scan is for both free and premium users.

You should have never disabled your 14 day trial.

cuz then u get no automatic quarantine.

Now as i said before, launch a threat scan, and do it at least daily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote

 

Aura

  • Special Ops
  •  
  • Aura 

    This is most likely not a false positive. The website is listed on hpHosts as FSA.

    https://hosts-file.net/default.asp?s=iqoption.com

    Been added in 2015, and updated in 2016. If you only need Malwarebytes to scan your system, you can disable the Trial under "My Account", which will disable the Web Protection module, and allow you to access to the websites (even though I would reconsider it since the one you listed is blocked for a reason).

  • Trusted Advisors

 

 

ok, i will try a threat scan

  •  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have an issue like this after updating Windows 10 each time, i was just disabling the WEB PROTECTION portion of MALWAREBYTES up until now.

BUT, today i realised that MWB was blocking any DNS resolution.

To fix this, i simply added my 2 DNS server as WBESITE exceptions within MALWAREBYTES and boom, problem solved.

To add these exceptions, in malwarebytes go to SETTINGS, click on the EXCEPTIONS tab, click ADD EXCEPTION, select EXCLUDE A WEBSITE, click NEXT, then select EXCLUDE AN IP ADDRESS.

As we use the GOOGLE DNS servers, i had to exclude 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MattGoodrum said:

I have an issue like this after updating Windows 10 each time, i was just disabling the WEB PROTECTION portion of MALWAREBYTES up until now.

BUT, today i realised that MWB was blocking any DNS resolution.

To fix this, i simply added my 2 DNS server as WBESITE exceptions within MALWAREBYTES and boom, problem solved.

To add these exceptions, in malwarebytes go to SETTINGS, click on the EXCEPTIONS tab, click ADD EXCEPTION, select EXCLUDE A WEBSITE, click NEXT, then select EXCLUDE AN IP ADDRESS.

As we use the GOOGLE DNS servers, i had to exclude 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

 

MWB exceptions.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, MattGoodrum said:

I have an issue like this after updating Windows 10 each time, i was just disabling the WEB PROTECTION portion of MALWAREBYTES up until now.

BUT, today i realised that MWB was blocking any DNS resolution.

To fix this, i simply added my 2 DNS server as WBESITE exceptions within MALWAREBYTES and boom, problem solved.

To add these exceptions, in malwarebytes go to SETTINGS, click on the EXCEPTIONS tab, click ADD EXCEPTION, select EXCLUDE A WEBSITE, click NEXT, then select EXCLUDE AN IP ADDRESS.

As we use the GOOGLE DNS servers, i had to exclude 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Can you please attach the protection logs so we can take a look at them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/21/2018 at 10:07 AM, Dashke said:

Can you please attach the protection logs so we can take a look at them?

Where do i find the protection logs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dashke said:

Can you please try to search for "Website blocked" report?

None listed, this is the case on all of our pc's as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you please try removing the exclusions and see if the block from MBAM occurs?

As we never blocked Google DNS. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.