Windows 10 Login Page Missing After Waking From Sleep; would like to rule out malware

Greetings,

I recently encountered a problem where sometimes when I wake my laptop from sleep, the login page is missing and I am unable to select any accounts or enter my password.

A video of my problem:
https://youtu.be/2mXHgH30WDQ

I would like to rule out malware as the reason for this problem. Some help would be most appreciated.

I scanned with malwarebytes and detected nothing. Here are my FRST Logs (attached).

Addition.txt

FRST.txt

Edited by Legendofham+
Updated title and body for to be more clear

Hi Legendofham :)

I've already seen that issue before, and it wasn't caused by malware. I don't know what caused it, but it eventually went away by itself. There might be a few solutions you can try in the link below (I would check if you have a fingerprint sensor first).

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-see-login-screen-after-waking-up-from/932c7c6c-10c8-4d4a-8477-8283cb3f06c9

Hi Aura,

I appreciate your help. My laptop doesn't have a fingerprint sensor, but it does have a built in TPM chip whatever that is.

Anyways, since this laptop isn't infected, I will try to find answers elsewhere.

Is it a good idea to open another thread in General PC help here at the forum?

Many thanks for your time and help.

• Root Admin

Glad we could help. :)If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!