MalwareBytes Malicious Website Protection Won't Enable

Hi,

I have the premium version of MB and my Web and Malware protection buttons won't enable.  I already ran through MBAM Clean Removal and reinstalled the software and I am still having the issue.  My computer was so bogged down I restarted in safe mode and ran through the recommended diagnostic   procedure and have attached the logs here.  I would appreciate your help!

Addition.txt

FRST.txt

MB-CheckResult.txt

Hello @RSNE and :welcome:

Reference: https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/195576-real-time-protection-layer-turning-off-try-this/

If it is your Website Protection having issues, please try the following two things:

1. Under Settings -> Protection, turn on "Enable self-protection module early start". Then reboot and see if your protection module starts up
  2. If that doesn't work, under Settings -> Protection, turn off the option for "Enable self-protection module". Then reboot and see if your protection module starts up

Please reply with the status of your system's issue after performing the above.  Thank you.

Hi,

Thank you for your help.  I have tried both options you suggested, restarting into safe mode with networking each time.  Neither made a difference.  Here is what I'm seeing on my protection dashboard:

I am able to turn on the exploit protection, but the others simply list as "Starting..." and never enable.

Hello @RSNE:

Safe Mode was never requested.  I apologize if that seemed to be implied.  If the above was also performed in Normal Mode, and the failure persisted, then please follow the data gathering instructions within https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/190532-having-problems-using-malwarebytes-please-follow-these-steps/?do=findComment&comment=1072042

You may bypass the instruction to create a new topic and just attach the 4 new requested data files separately in your next reply to this topic.  After all the requested data files are posted, the Malwarebytes' QA & Developer Teams, and staffers can commence their analysis.  Thank you always for your assistance.

Edited by 1PW

Hello,

I restarted the computer normally.  It took three attempts to get it to come up.  However, after it did I performed the first task and MB appears to be up and working nominally.  I will attempt a full system scan to see how it behaves.

If I experience other issues should I reply to this topic?

Thank you for your help.

I have the same problem  which is web protection wont start and the turned off warning keeps showing up

When I trey to enable it says starting but never actually starts

I tried to implement the suggested in this thread but the buttons for the suggested actions ado not work

Please advise if you have a solution

The solution suggested to me worked initially, but I've seen some erratic behavior with it turning off on me once a few days after this fix was implemented.

I am trying to gather the suggested scans logs and posted here, but the computer is locking up frequently.

Hello 1PW,

I have had this problem re-emerge.  The machine now comes up with the services disabled and I have to manually enable them.  Sometimes that works, sometimes it does not.  I continue to have all of the problems I described earlier (with the exception of additional blue screens).  I have collected the files requested in the link you sent above and have posted them here.

I am interested to know whether this may be the result of malware.  I have run diagnostics on the hard drive (Dell diagnostics and CHKDSK)  which have given me conflicting results regarding the health of the hard drive.  I backed up my data but am interested to know whether I also backed up malware.  Thank you for your time and assistance!

MBAMSERVICE.zipAddition.txt

FRST.txt

MB-CheckResult.txt

Sorry to post my problem in this post but it's related to problem with Web-Protection that consonantly keeps turning itself off . Plus since my thread it's been closed without  real solution or fix I need some help . Now it's been more than a month heck more than two months with this problem . Can someone contact me from support because I' m really tired of this . Every day I turned PC on warning comes up with web-protection is off . No matter what I do it stays off . Contacted support outside forum never got respond . If someone can tell me what steps I should follow to get this fixed .

• Staff

@denzele it really is best if you open new topics instead of tacking onto someone else's. The chances that your issue is missed, is much greater.

1. Have you tried the new version just posted on the 24th?  This post was edited on Friday, use the new link in the post

2.  Please send me a PM (Personal Message) with the email address you used to create the Support ticket and I'll check into that for you.  It will have to wait until tomorrow as it is after 10pm my time right now