Windows Cannot boot mbamswissarmy.sys

Hi i am here seeking help after my PC is not able to load up windows properly

I cannot use my WIndows disc to reset my PC due to the drives being locked

after looking at Other threads it appears to me that there must be a specific fix for each person

attached here is the notepad file after i have scanned my computer using the frst.exe

Thank you in advance

FRST.txt

• Root Admin

Hello @SleepyOwl

Sorry for the delay. It looks like the computer is infected. Not sure what symptoms you're having but this looks to be an invalid entry

S3 gkernel; \??\C:\Users\JOBSRI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\gkernel.sys [X] <==== ATTENTION

You should be able to select a System Restore Point from a few days or week before this happened. Have you tried that?

thank you so much for the reply!

iirc when i am booting my windows a blue screen appears and says that windows\system32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

is missing or driver not compatible

im really sorry i cannot get the specific text right now but ill take a picture ans post it here as soon as possible

unfortunately ive tried system restore but my system said that theres no image file available. i might be getting something wrong here so sorry about that in advance 

thanks again!

Edited by SleepyOwl

• Root Admin

Our driver should not be required to boot so if it's there or not there should not prevent it from starting.

Please review the recovery and repair options here and try different methods of getting Windows running again.

http://www.howtogeek.com/131907/how-to-create-and-use-a-recovery-drive-or-system-repair-disc-in-windows-8/

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12415/windows-10-recovery-options

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/?filter[1]=Backup Restore

I am right now trying to create a system recovery drive.

I will try to find a way within the links you have given, thank you so much.

I have misunderstood the condition of my pc, i am really sorry for that.

The Blue recovery screen was written as follows

Recovery

Your PC/Device needs to be repaired

The operating system couldn't be loaded because the digital signature of a file couldn't be verified.

File:\windows\system32\drivers\MBAMSwissArmy.sys

Error code 0xc000428

Sorry for the confusion and I really am thankful for your help 

• Root Admin

So you can load the recovery command prompt okay?

If so let's try and remove the driver manually.

Let me know if you're able to get a recovery console command prompt.

You may be able to disable the signed file feature temporarily while we remove Malwarebytes

https://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how-to-disable-driver-signature-verification-on-64-bit-windows-8.1-so-that-you-can-install-unsigned-drivers/

Edited by AdvancedSetup

Thank you so much! rightnow I am able to boot up my windows properly

for starters, ive uninstalled malwarebytes from my computer

is there a way to prevent this error code in the future? 

again thank you so much for your help :D

The operating system couldn't be loaded because the digital signature of a file couldn't be verified.

File:\windows\system32\drivers\MBAMSwissArmy.sys

Error code 0xc000428

Edited by SleepyOwl

• Root Admin

Not sure what caused it in the first place. The driver is signed. Now that the computer is running let me get some logs and we'll see if we can find out what's going on.

Please read the following and post back the 3 requested logs as an attachment.

Diagnostic Logs

Thanks

• Root Admin

Okay, please run the following which will remove a few invalid entries and clean up temp files and reboot the computer.

Please download the attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop.
NOTE. It's important that both files, FRST or FRST64 and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on this particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system.

Run FRST or FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait.
If the tool needs a restart please make sure you let the system restart normally and let the tool complete its run after restart.
The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please attach or post it to your next reply.

Note: If the tool warned you about an outdated version please download and run the updated version.

fixlist.txt

Thanks

• Root Admin

Glad we could help. :)If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!