MB 3.0.6 After reboot, Web Protection is off

Since the 3.0.6 upgrade, I have a problem with Web Protection when the laptop starts/reboots. I always get an error message that "real-time protections are off".  It is always the Web Protection. When I try to start it it turns green but stays off. It just sits there. The only fix I have found is to close MB and restart. Strangely, Web Protection then auto starts normally.  

Something is happening during a reboot that wacks the Web Protection service until you completely close/kill MB and restart.  This is repeatable.

Windows 10 14939.693

Any ideas?

Randy

MBlogs.zip

Hello and Welcome

This is a known issue/bug with many folks, depending on how you upgraded to version 3.0.6.  If you did an in-place upgrade, that could be what the issue is.
To see if it fixes it try this.

1. Deactivate your Malwarebytes First (make sure you have your ID/Key handy for the re-install)

2. Uninstall all Malwarebytes Products via the control panel

3. Please download mbam-clean.exe from here and run the tool

4. Reboot your computer

5. Download the latest version once again and reinstall MB3 and activate it

Let us know if that fixes your issue. 

Edited by Firefox

I have the same problem with 3.0.6 on Windows 7 Ultimate. I did a 'clean' install and for a few days all worked as it should. This morning? Back to the same old thing. Web Protection turned off and the only way it would start was by shutting down Malwarebytes, restarting it and then manually turning on Web Protection.

8 minutes ago, Lucht said:

I have the same problem with 3.0.6 on Windows 7 Ultimate. I did a 'clean' install and for a few days all worked as it should. This morning? Back to the same old thing. Web Protection turned off and the only way it would start was by shutting down Malwarebytes, restarting it and then manually turning on Web Protection.

If you have already tried the clean re-install, then the bug is still present on your system and you will have to wait until MBAM puts out an update patch to fixe the known issue.

If you're seeing this issue, please try the following two things:

1. Under Settings -> Protection, turn on "Enable early startup for self-protection module". Then reboot and see if your protection module starts up
  2. If that doesn't work, under Settings -> Protection, turn off the option for "Enable self-protection module". Then reboot and see if your protection module starts up