Twinpeaks65

Won't install on Windows XP

I searched the first 2 pages of the forum for a similar topic, but didn't see one. So I hope I'm not posting a redundant problem. 

I'm running the Malwarebytes ransomware 8 program on my laptop with Windows 7. I'd like to have it on my desktop too. I've seen things online saying it requires Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or 10. I'm running XP on my desktop. So I tried to install it. But when I click "Run", I get a message saying, "This program does not support the version of Windows your computer is running." I've tried a few times. Even removed the file in downloads and tried downloading it fresh. I keep getting the same message. 

I also tried installing your zip program for creating a ticket. But it appears that since I don't have the beta program installed, the zip file program won't install either. I really did try to do it the right way. Is there anything I can do to get the ransomeware program to work on my desktop computer?

Hi Twinpeaks :)

In Malwarebytes 3.0, the Anti-Ransomware module doesn't install/work on Windows XP and Vista. Since that module is based on Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta, I guess the same limitations are true for the Beta, which means that you cannot install it on Windows XP (or Vista).

Edit: From the download link on BleepingComputer, you can see that Windows XP and Vista aren't listed, so my guess is that MBARW doesn't work on these version of Windows.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/malwarebytes-anti-ransomware/

Edited by Aura

That is correct @Aura & @Twinpeaks65,

MBARW needs certain technologies for it to work and those were not provided in Windows XP and Vista.  Hence we only support Windows 7 and up

Ok. Thanks. I wondered if it was because XP is no longer supported by pretty much every program. Guess that's basically the problem. Bummer, 'cause I'm loving it on my laptop. I do have your anti-malware program on the desktop though :D

Anyway, y'all have a great day :D

No problem Twinpeaks, you're welcome :)