No Service, can't remove

A few days ago my Malwarebytes Premium was updated to the latest version. After upgrading i ran a full update and scan.

Next restart Malwarebytes was unable to connect to Service, resulting in a error (unable to connect to service)

I wanted to reinstall, but Malware won't let me uninstall, not via the included uninstall feature, not via windows uninstall programms, not via the uninstall tool provided by Malwarebytes
Error is: File C:\Programm Files\Malwarebytes|Anti-Malware\unins000.dat can not be opened. Can't uninstall

I have, by hand, added nearly all .exe files i could find in Malwarebytes to include as a trusted prograam in my firewall.

I have sended a support form to Malware bytes and don't get an answer (so far)

In all: highly frustrating, i'm not protected at this time and really ran out of options

Is there anything i should do or can do to solve this. I'm really, really stuck here

Running Win 10 and i'm not a PC gooroo

I am having this exact same problem and have tried everything to uninstall.  Also, I do not understand why the responses here keep saying to open Malwarebytes to change the setting.  The program WON'T OPEN, thus I cannot turn off a setting.  Any other ideas?

Hi Aura. Thank you for your efforts.

Indeed we (i) cannot acces settings since the programm does not start.

In a way i'm happy i'm not the only one with the problems as discribed, sorry :)

In the list as mentioned (services.msc) there is no Malwarebytes what is i think logical since it can not start

Hi Aura. Thank you for your efforts.

Indeed we (i) cannot acces settings since the programm does not start.

In a way i'm happy i'm not the only one with the problems as discribed, sorry :)

In the list as mentioned (services.msc) there is no Malwarebytes what is i think logical since it can not start

UPDATE: I was able to deinstall in 'safe mode' and ran the clean tool
After reinstalling i get the exact same errors

Hi Aura,

Again thanks. First of all, i use F-Secure, nothing else. By luck i found another thread you are participating in: 

So i started to experiment there and with some sort of success. I have fully turned of all F-Secure features and then 1 by 1 activate them. After every change i did restart.
I found out that the option "DeepGuard" is the culprit. DeepGuard claims to safekeep me so that i only use trustworthy applications. As far as i can find out (so far) i'm unable to apply another programm as 'safe'. 

For now i have de-activated the DeepGuard option from F-Secure and doing so Malwarebytes does start (hurray)

In days to come i will further investigate if F-Secure will fix this or if there is a work arround.

@MSPF I entered MBAM folder as exception on the F-Secure's AV scan and DeepGuard no longer complained. I have heard from others that they checked the DeepGuard option to run at a reduced security level (versus shutting down DeepGuard). This is the 3rd application I've had DeepGuard problems with. As you know, you cannot add programs to the DeepGuard ignore list except by reporting them as false positives to F-Secure. 

Edited by Telos

I'll just like to add that i have the same problem and have also F-secure installed. After reading this I've given up uninstalling and running Malwarebytes. I am however able to reinstall Malwarebytes and it works untill I reboot. After the reboot it gives the "Unable to start / Unable to connect to service"-error again.

Is there any chance this will be fixed in 3.07? Can I add a bug report somewhere?

I was upto version 2 a very happy (paying) customer, but since version 3 there are a lot of bugs with updating and now with reinstalling and opening.

EDIT: Or is this all F-secures "fault"?

Edited by DaartenMucrot
Add

@las, if you click on "Ignore", does the installation go through? If so, does Malwarebytes 3.0.6 works properly after or not?

Is there any chance this will be fixed in 3.07? Can I add a bug report somewhere?

This issue has been reported a few times already, and I also cc'd a Malwarebytes employee in one of these threads so they can take a look at it and note the issue, so my guess is that it's in the bug tracker already. This being said, it could also be an issue on F-Secure side, since their feature is interfering with Malwarebytes, and not the opposite.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem.  Windows 10 Pro, NIS, malwarebytes premium.  In the windows services, the service shows "stopping"  I tried to change disable the service and cold boot, but that did not help.  I cannot uninstall it (probably because the service won't start).  Can someone please point me in the right direction?  This is very frustrating. See screenshot...

Untitled.png

On 2/2/2017 at 4:00 AM, DaartenMucrot said:

I'll just like to add that i have the same problem and have also F-secure installed. After reading this I've given up uninstalling and running Malwarebytes. I am however able to reinstall Malwarebytes and it works untill I reboot. After the reboot it gives the "Unable to start / Unable to connect to service"-error again.

I was upto version 2 a very happy (paying) customer, but since version 3 there are a lot of bugs with updating and now with reinstalling and opening.

EDIT: Or is this all F-secures "fault"?

Disable F-Secure's DeepGuard and reboot. If that allows MBAM to start/run "normal" there are lesser F-Secure settings that will allow DeepGuard.