One or more real time protection layers are turned off

19 minutes ago, lcrombie1 said:

Computer shows a pop up saying that   "One or more real time protection layers are turned off".     What changed?   System was working fine until this last week.  Any idea what causes this?

Mine is doing the same and when I hit turn on it doesn't work. If I go into the program and select turn on it says starting but never finishes and turns off as soon as I go out.

2017-01-31 (1).png

2017-01-31.png

I am also having this problem with the exact same symptoms as being reported by both xtl52 & lcrombie1.  I have a Premium licence which is on autorenew and was renewed last September. I have turned on EVERY option under the 'protection' tab.  The 'Web protection' says it is starting but it never finishes.

What else do I have to do?

What files would you like me to submit in evidence (please be very specific, including names of folders etc. where such files would be found)

Dave

1. Brief description of the issue.
    1. Same as xtl52: notice of something turned off, and when you try to turn it back on, it hangs.
  2. Any screenshot(s) of error messages or other incorrect behavior (not required; include if available)
    1. Same as xtl52, above.
  3. If the system crashed, please include the BSOD error message (we will reach out to you for a full memory dump).
    1. nope
  4. Operating System Details (e.g. Windows 7 SP 1 x64, Windows XP SP3 x86, Windows 10 x64 Version 1607 Build 14393.351, etc.).
    1. Win 10 home 1607, 14393.693; i7 4510U, 8GB, 64 bit
  5. Details on how you encountered the bug and any steps that can be taken to reproduce it.
    1. It appeared when I started up this morning. 
  6. Do you get the same result more than once if you follow the same steps? Y/N
    1. have not yet rebooted to see
  7. A copy of the contents of C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\logs in a ZIP file (attach to post).

logs.zip

I am having the same problem real time protection is turned off.  I go in the settings turn it on and it says starting and shortly I receive a pop-up message real time protection is off. I looked up Guruaid Support who said they support Malwarebytes. Zoheb Shoukat took over my computer after several conversations and waits he stated I needed there second tier tech to fix my computer at a cost of $80-120.  I said no way why pay for something that wasn't broke before I downloaded and paid for malwarebytes premium.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks Tim

I'm not able to help by sending logs, etc.-- I just bought this to work. The only thing I can do is to keep hitting "restore defaults" to get the "starting..." to make the pop up go away-- but not for long. This is REALLY annoying ("your realtime protection is off" popup box). Please make a fix for it.

>>Can you try turning off Self-Protection and then rebooting. Then see if you can turn on Web Protection? You can turn off self-protection by >>going into Malwarebytes Settings -> Protection and turning the self protection option off

Just tried that, and for the first time, I saw "Real time protection" actually turned "on" as opposed to "starting..." Will have to see if it *stays* turned on!

I'm not able to help by sending logs, etc.-- I just bought this to work.

Malwarebytes employees needs logs in order to see what's wrong on your system. You don't need to open Malwarebytes to send logs, simply follow the instructions in the thread below.

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/190532-how-to-report-a-new-issue/

Also, to everyone else posting in this thread, please start your own thread stating your issue and provide the same information asked in the thread above, as the solution for one user might not be the same that will work out for you, and it's hard to assist a user when 3-4 more jumps in.