When upgrading to version 3, the license becomes "Trial."  My licenses are "lifetime" and I have screenshots to substantiate that.  When a manual re-license is attempted, a message appears that says that the maximum amount has been exceeded.

I have attempted to upgrade to version 3 several times, and on multiple machines. 

My  original purchase was multiple licenses to qualify for a "site license" as instructed by CleverBridge.  When I made the original purchase, I was told that if I bought a over a certain number of licenses, that qualified as a "site license" and was recorded as such.

I can only use a certain number of machines at once, and I can attest that it is lower than the number of licenses purchased!

There have been some instances in the past when a system had to be rebuilt due to hard drive failure or because of catastrophic system failure.  In those instances it was not possible to perform "de-installations" or "remove license."

In the meantime, I am having to click "Later" frequently when asked "Do you want to upgrade?"