Version 3.0 Causing Issues

Hello,

I am currently using Malwarebytes Premium Version 2.2.2.1043

My system is :

Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) Service Pack 1 (build 7601)
3.30 gigahertz AMD FX -8300 Eight-Core
256 kilobyte primary memory cache
2048 kilobyte tertiary memory cache
64-bit ready
Multi-core (4 total)
Hyper-threaded (8 total)

15854 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory

1 TB Hard Drive WDC WD10EZEX-00BN5A0 [Hard drive]

Anti-virus Software MSE

The issue or problems I am having is while running program version 2.2.2.1043 everything is working ok and had been using Malwarebytes for well over 5 years.

I had been reluctance to upgrade to the new version 3.0, but at the leading of one of my tech friends he assure me he loved the updated version of this software.

So I allowed my software to be updated to 3.0 and I had issues from the get go, my system would freeze, act sluggish, my browsers would act erratic or hanging up (Yes all of them IE, Firefox, and even Chrome).

Other issue were IRC program that uses sound files would quit working, steaming from my website with a radio the music would get blocked or stopped playing at times.

At time the system when using the internet would lock up and would not respond. So because of these issues, I ended up removing 3.0 and went back to version 2.2.2.1043 and by doing so everything performed great and no issues at all.

Well when I saw last week a new version 3.0.6.1469 was out, I decided well to try again.

Once I did issues went bonkers again and they were:

1. Sound files inside if irc clients i.e.: wave or mps would no longer play, even the defaults beeps would no longer sound off.

2. Streaming Audio from my website or others would intermit be stopped or would not play.

3. Brower performance in all IE, Firefox, Chrome would lock up, act sluggish, hang up

4. Computer performance would slow down, hang up locking up, stall

5. The worst one was If you wanted to revert back using a restore point in Windows you could not because you got an error saying your antivirus program was preventing the use of a restore point.

So to trouble shoot, I did several things:

1. I disable MSE to try and performance of the machine, same results sound not working, browsers hanging up or act erratic and yes could not even use a restore point in windows.

2. Removed MSE and same results

3. Disable Malwarebytes and same results.

4. Removed Malwarebytes, System performance worked great, Browsers would not hang in loading or lock up or act erratic, Computer was not locking up. Yes even tried to restore window using an early system restore point and it worked fine.

To test this further I tried to installed Malwarebytes version 3.0.6, and all the problems came back. Deleted and cleaned up using Malwarebytes cleaner from your site. Installed version 3.0.5.1299 and got the same results.

Ok, I deleted that version 3.0.5 and installed version 2.2.2.1043, the results were:

1. Computer performance unaffected

2. Browsers all of them IE, FF, Chrome Load and runs fine

3. All wave or mp3 files in irc programs ran and worked fine

4. Yes was able to restore windows using restore points with no issues.

So this is why I am here, being a Premium User and running Malwarebytes newer version 3.0 above is causing all these issue I have listed and now need to see what causing these problems or an I going to be force to stay with version 2.2.2.1043 and if so what happens when Malwarebytes older version will no longer be able to be used.

As I said prior to version 3.0 their were no issues in a period of over 5 years, but now their is. So what next?

BrotherJim

I had the same problem!  I received a notification from Malwarebytes that a new version (3.0) had been downloaded so I installed it.  Then I discovered that my Google Chrome browser was hosed.  I tried IE and had the same problems.  The computer would lock up and required two hard restarts followed by a Safe Mode start.  I went back to a previous date and recovered my system.  Now Malwarebytes 3.0 is gone and my computer works fine.  It took a lot of effort and frustration to get my Chrome back to normal.  Today I went to run my older version of Malwarebytes (I still have the icon on my desktop).  There is no application there!  The upgrade removed my version 2.2!  Now I have no Malwarebytes at all and I do not want to recreate the problems I ran into with version 3.0!  I submitted my issues to the Malwarebytes Support Staff and have received no help yet.  I had no problems with Malwarebytes for the last six years until I upgraded to version 3.0!

@BrotherJim The best way to get help is to report your issue as described here:

That said, v3 has brought with it an avalanche of support requests, so patience is the watchword here. Since you mentioned coming from v2, did you install v3 over v2? If you did, I would suggest that you uninstall everything (v3, v2) followed by the v2 clean uninstaller tool. After rebooting from all that, I would look for any remaining MBAM remnants in /ProgramData, /Program Files and /Program Fines (x86)... deleting all those (if any). Another reboot, then install the latest MBAM version. After installing reboot again and then launch MBAM.

Hope this helps.

On 30/01/2017 at 6:07 PM, BrotherJim said:

Hello,

I am currently using Malwarebytes Premium Version 2.2.2.1043

My system is :

Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) Service Pack 1 (build 7601)
3.30 gigahertz AMD FX -8300 Eight-Core
256 kilobyte primary memory cache
2048 kilobyte tertiary memory cache
64-bit ready
Multi-core (4 total)
Hyper-threaded (8 total)

15854 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory

1 TB Hard Drive WDC WD10EZEX-00BN5A0 [Hard drive]

Anti-virus Software MSE

The issue or problems I am having is while running program version 2.2.2.1043 everything is working ok and had been using Malwarebytes for well over 5 years.

I had been reluctance to upgrade to the new version 3.0, but at the leading of one of my tech friends he assure me he loved the updated version of this software.

So I allowed my software to be updated to 3.0 and I had issues from the get go, my system would freeze, act sluggish, my browsers would act erratic or hanging up (Yes all of them IE, Firefox, and even Chrome).

Other issue were IRC program that uses sound files would quit working, steaming from my website with a radio the music would get blocked or stopped playing at times.

At time the system when using the internet would lock up and would not respond. So because of these issues, I ended up removing 3.0 and went back to version 2.2.2.1043 and by doing so everything performed great and no issues at all.

Well when I saw last week a new version 3.0.6.1469 was out, I decided well to try again.

Once I did issues went bonkers again and they were:

1. Sound files inside if irc clients i.e.: wave or mps would no longer play, even the defaults beeps would no longer sound off.

2. Streaming Audio from my website or others would intermit be stopped or would not play.

3. Brower performance in all IE, Firefox, Chrome would lock up, act sluggish, hang up

4. Computer performance would slow down, hang up locking up, stall

5. The worst one was If you wanted to revert back using a restore point in Windows you could not because you got an error saying your antivirus program was preventing the use of a restore point.

So to trouble shoot, I did several things:

1. I disable MSE to try and performance of the machine, same results sound not working, browsers hanging up or act erratic and yes could not even use a restore point in windows.

2. Removed MSE and same results

3. Disable Malwarebytes and same results.

4. Removed Malwarebytes, System performance worked great, Browsers would not hang in loading or lock up or act erratic, Computer was not locking up. Yes even tried to restore window using an early system restore point and it worked fine.

To test this further I tried to installed Malwarebytes version 3.0.6, and all the problems came back. Deleted and cleaned up using Malwarebytes cleaner from your site. Installed version 3.0.5.1299 and got the same results.

Ok, I deleted that version 3.0.5 and installed version 2.2.2.1043, the results were:

1. Computer performance unaffected

2. Browsers all of them IE, FF, Chrome Load and runs fine

3. All wave or mp3 files in irc programs ran and worked fine

4. Yes was able to restore windows using restore points with no issues.

So this is why I am here, being a Premium User and running Malwarebytes newer version 3.0 above is causing all these issue I have listed and now need to see what causing these problems or an I going to be force to stay with version 2.2.2.1043 and if so what happens when Malwarebytes older version will no longer be able to be used.

As I said prior to version 3.0 their were no issues in a period of over 5 years, but now their is. So what next?

BrotherJim

I too have had all of the problems you describe.  However, unlike you I could not revert to Version 2 and Windows 10 was running like pig and Office 365 simply would not function - no emails!!  My only solution was to load a previous image which, thankfully, I had taken just before I upgraded to Malwarebytes V3.  I am now back to a responsive error free Windows 10 and all of my Apps function very well.  Malwarebytes asked me to reinstall V3 and then perform a series of tests and send them the results.  Whilst their request sounds reasonable enough I had to decline because my PC simply would not function properly with V3 installed and, without an email facility, I would be unable to run the tests and send back the results.  I am now running without Malwarebytes and will not reinstall it until this well documented, and widespread issue, is fully resolved.  I await a solution.

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 2:27 PM, Telos said:

Apparently, I missed your service log attachments per MB's sticky post )I still don't see it, so I must be in need of new glasses). Sorry to help.

Hummm well still no help with the issues the newer version is causing I gave a detail write up of what the issues were and yet still no response, wow I thought being a Premium would get some sort of a reply or a where to start or better yet it apparent version 3.0 is the root cause of this issue and many others. :(

43 minutes ago, BrotherJim said:

I gave a detail write up of what the issues were and yet still no response, wow I thought being a Premium would get some sort of a reply or a where to start

@Telos gave you the official company response and it mentioned several logs to submit in post #4 and you did not so your write up was incomplete.. Since you have already uninstalled and went back to V 2. It is a moot point so just stick on ver 2 till next version is ready. Watch the forums for the announcement when the next version is ready. .

Staff is FULLY aware of all these issues and are working hard to fix. There is no ETA as when the next version will be released.

Edited by Porthos

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 10:43 AM, Porthos said:

@Telos gave you the official company response and it mentioned several logs to submit in post #4 and you did not so your write up was incomplete.. Since you have already uninstalled and went back to V 2. It is a moot point so just stick on ver 2 till next version is ready. Watch the forums for the announcement when the next version is ready. .

Staff is FULLY aware of all these issues and are working hard to fix. There is no ETA as when the next version will be released.

I had no choice but to revert back to V2. The program updated itself to the newer version so that was done automatic no control over that one. Yes I also used the clean up tool and installed V3 clean to make sure this was not also the issue, but yet when it was installed clean same results and problems of blocking audio files, mp3 files, wav files in programs and even blocking default sounds in programs alone with streaming audio on web sites.

Yes I even tried this on another machine running window 10 and same results, so again it all point to issues with v3. So yes I am back to V2 and disable the auto update of the program but not the def file updates. So this is why again I posted the response the way I did.

• 1 month later...

I experienced this same problem on a fresh install of ver.3. When I turned off the setting to Start When Windows Starts all browsers worked fine.  As soon as I launched MB, that's when the problems began.  Even after quitting, I had to log off/on in order to get anywhere.  I've run into this problem with every version of MB that allows background running.  Even when running Win7.  For some reason it drags performance down to a crawl and stops browsers from launching. So with previous versions, I would opt out of the background protection and just run a scan when needed.  But with ver. 3, there is no such opt out feature.

I think the common thread here is Win10 and MB 3.  There's a bug somewhere that apparently got by the testing phase.  So until this is resolved, I'll have to stop using this tool.  Which is unfortunate because it's always recommended.

I have the same problems with Mbam 3

The computer was good with 2.2.1.1043 but after upgrade to V3 the system is slow, the mouse sometimes freezes and programs randomly stall for a couple of seconds. It's not a matter of pc performance nor infection, at the end of several checks I discovered that Mbam is causing the problem; so uninstalled it and reinstalled the older version= perfect, pc works fine. Did it a couple of time to double check and I confirm that V3 does not work smooth.

I'm worried to have wasted money for a 2 years premium subscription if the problem will not be fixed, because I suppose that V2 will not longer be supported sooner or later.

@napalm at times the upgrade process from v2 to v3 does not go smoothly... try the latest beta to see if it helps...

Let's try this first.... (Please remember to de-activate your Malwarebytes first before un-installing or using the clean removal tool)

1. Please follow the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - Malwarebytes mb-clean tool (after uninstalling you can download the latest version to re-install from HERE) (If you prefer to test the latest Malwarebytes 3.0.6 CU4 -- BETA Preview which corrects many issues with the current version you can get it from HERE)
  2. If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and attach to your next reply the 4 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 4 logs are: mbam logs zipped, FRST.txt, Addition.txt and mb-checkResult.txt)
  3. NOTE: More info about Malwarebytes 3.0.6 CU4 HERE; MB 3 User Guide ONLINE; MB 3 User Guide PDF; MB 3 FAQ: Malwarebytes 3.0 - Frequently Asked Questions

Please let us know how it goes.

Thank You,

Firefox

@Firefox Thank you for your quick reply. I followed your suggestion, uninstalled the program with clean removal tool then installed the beta version.

So far, it seems much better than the latest "official" 3.0.6 . The first impression is quite positive, even if in my opinion the program now is not as smooth as V2, but anyway acceptable. I keep testing it and I'll let you know.

Thanks again