"Real-time protection layers is turned off"

Everyday I login to windows Malwarebytes tell me in a big yellow box in the lower right corner, that "Real-time protection layers is turned off". I can then click on a "Turn on" button which I do, everyday. How do I permanently enable the Real-time protection layers? Where is the setting for this? I have looked through the settings but couldnt find anything that sound like "Real-time protection layers".

Hi jayman1000 --

I am getting the same message; although this is the 1st day I've encountered it. I went in and turned on all my "real-time protection" settings to ON, but it does not save, and doesn't seem to stay on.  I just installed the new program a few days ago.  I have emailed customer support ... let me know if you find out anything, and I will do the same.

I uninstalled and installed again. That fixed the problem. However the process was a bit weird because when I tried to uninstall the uninstaller froze everytime, so that I couldn't actually uninstall. I then found an MB removal tool from the page below. After I had run that and rebooted windows, MB was still installed however now the uninstall program worked and I could uninstall MB. Then after reinstalling again the error does not happen anymore. Now the only error I seem to still have is that when MB scans it gets stuck a Heuristic Analysis, it doesnt freeze, it just never gets any further so the scan doesn't ever finish.

Edited by jayman1000

I finally purchased a two year subscription for malware bytes two days ago and the next day the real time protection will no longer turn on. This morning it asked me to update, so I did and got a file copy protection error on file mbam64XX something or other, and couldn't continue the update, so it rolled back. Ever since this the web/realtime protection won't start, just keeps annoying me with a popup saying "real time protection is not turned on" so I click turn on and a second later the box reappears saying the same thing over and over. Frustrating. My pc also froze up this morning for the first time ever. I could move the mouse but couldn't click on any windows. All I could do was hold the powert button in until it shut off, very suspicious.  Thought maleware bytes had matured might try and get my money back. 

Just now, thaddeus said:

I finally purchased a two year subscription for malware bytes two days ago and the next day the real time protection will no longer turn on. This morning it asked me to update, so I did and got a file copy protection error on file mbam64XX something or other, and couldn't continue the update, so it rolled back. Ever since this the web/realtime protection won't start, just keeps annoying me with a popup saying "real time protection is not turned on" so I click turn on and a second later the box reappears saying the same thing over and over. Frustrating. My pc also froze up this morning for the first time ever. I could move the mouse but couldn't click on any windows. All I could do was hold the powert button in until it shut off, very suspicious.  Thought maleware bytes had matured might try and get my money back. 

Have you tried a full uninstall, shutdown computer, then boot into windows and install again? This fixed the issues for me, perhaps it will for you too? My only gripe with this solution is that all settings, exclusions etc is lost :/

2 minutes ago, jayman1000 said:

Have you tried a full uninstall, shutdown computer, then boot into windows and install again? This fixed the issues for me, perhaps it will for you too? My only gripe with this solution is that all settings, exclusions etc is lost :/

Hi jayman1000, I appreciate your response, and this is what I will do it just that we shouldn't have to. it would seem things are still a little buggy although I do like malebytes. Thanks 

thaddeus, did you use the mbam clean utility from the link I posted, or did you use another tool? Because the tool I  linked too did not actually removed MBAM. But it did allow me to actually run the uninstalled for MB, such that it could be uninstalled, allowing me to install a new fresh install of MBAM. So if you just ran the utility and then tried to install MBAM again I think that would cause problem.

Just to be sure, this was how I removed MBAM and installed it again afterwards:

1. try to uninstall MBAM from "programs and features" in control panel. (uninstaller froze for me here, couldnt uninstall)

2. shutdown computer, boot into windows again.

3. run clean utility

4. shutdown computer and boot into windows again.

5. check if MBAM is still installed, if it is try to uninstall through "programs and features" in control panel (shutdown and boot again if it was uninstalled here).

6. install MBAM

Edited by jayman1000

1 minute ago, Ageless1946 said:

here is the fix. upgrade to 3.0.6  check the forum for details of the upgrade. it has a fix for the problem

Upgrading to 3.0.6 was what started all this mess for me :unsure: (doing a clean install was what finally made things work again)

Edited by jayman1000

Following there mbam clean utility, I'm now trying to reinstall an

2 minutes ago, jayman1000 said:

thaddeus, did you use the mbam clean utility from the link I posted, or did you use another tool? Because the tool I  linked too did not actually removed MBAM. But it did allow me to actually run the uninstalled for MB, such that it could be uninstalled, allowing me to install a new fresh install of MBAM. So if you just ran the utility and then tried to install MBAM again I think that would cause problem.

Just to be sure, this was how I removed MBAM and installed it again afterwards:

1. try to uninstall MBAM from "programs and features" in control panel. (uninstaller froze for me here, couldnt uninstall)

2. shutdown computer, boot into windows again.

3. run clean utility

4. shutdown computer and boot into windows again.

5. check if MBAM is still installed, if it is try to uninstall through "programs and features" in control panel (shutdown and boot again if it was uninstalled here).

6. install MBAM

Hi, I ran the mbam clean, rebooted and uninstalled, and then tried to reinstall and it appears there were files left behind. So I manually remove all instances\files I could find of mbam and have since been able to reinstall and reactiavte my license. Thank you for your help! Quite frustrating though. 

There are many of us in the same situation, Racerbob.  I personally am finding it offensive that we are really just Beta testers for MBAM and paying for it.  I wasn't looking for a job to do work for them - I thought I was buying a program for my pc that would protect me!   I am uninstalling MBAM completely and going with Zemana Antimalware .