Real-Time Protection Off Even in 3.06

:welcome:

Hi, I'll need some more information from you.  Plus it may turn out I'll need to request diagnostic reports from you.

Did you restart Windows since this install? A restart is always good to do.  What prior Malwarebytes version ( if any) did this pc have ?

Please let me know  the Brand-name of antivirus on this machine.  Is it McAfee, TrendMicro, Norton / Symantec, Security Essentials, Avast, BitDefender,  Kaspersky, or some other brand, which one exactly?
The antivirus may well be silently ( but innocently )  interfering with our real-time protection functions.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware works well and should run alongside antivirus software without conflicts. In some rinstances,  trust exclusions may need to be set for your specific antivirus product to achieve the best possible system performance.
I suggest putting in trust settings in your antivirus, as follows:
Please "put as Trusted" (i.e., put Trust settings ) for the following MBAM exe files within your Antivirus Software **whitelist** :

Note: If using a software firewall besides the built in "Windows Firewall" you may  need to exclude them from it as well

These are the other Malwarebytes Premium files that need to be added to the antivirus  exclusions list:

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\Mbam.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MbamPt.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\assistant.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MBAMWsc.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbamtray.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MBAMService.exe

Let me know whether this has helped. 

Hi Maurice,

I posted a similar problem awhile ago. I am also getting 'layered protection off' pop ups, in my case the ransomeware protection sticks on starting. I am using a McAfee security suite and had no problems prior to installing Malwarebytes 3 a couple of days ago. 

If I decide can I just copy and paste the files you suggest into the appropriate exclusion boxes in my Anti-virus and Firewall settings ? I notice that I already have Malwarebyte Service listed in my Firewall settings.

Edited by Munchkin

Hi, received a support email ,  I am Premium user, and advised to reboot , if no luck, perform clean install using MBAM Clean Tool, I was provided with link. This did the trick and now Malwarebytes working OK. I had not adjusted any McAffee settings, so in my case not needed.

Same thing with me. Thought it might be my AVG Security or Carbonite. I added all the MalwareBytes info to AVG, then reinstalled the latest version of Malwarebytes, then rebooted. I am now FULLY PROTECTED. It even says I am awesome(LOL).:D

Edited by buffee