Final release 3.0.6.1469

I installed the final release now and when I scan it takes 10-20sec then it does abort/finish somehow without scanning anything :angry: Will try it again after the next system start....

Malwarebytes
www.malwarebytes.com

-Protokolldetails-
Scan-Datum: 26.01.17
Scan-Zeit: 17:23
Protokolldatei: 
Administrator: Ja

-Softwaredaten-
Version: 3.0.6.1469
Komponentenversion: 
Version des Aktualisierungspakets: 
Lizenz: Premium

-Systemdaten-
Betriebssystem: Windows 10
CPU: x64
Dateisystem: NTFS
Benutzer: Home-PC\Space

-Scan-Übersicht-
Scan-Typ: Bedrohungs-Scan
Ergebnis: Abgebrochen
Gescannte Objekte: 0
(keine bösartigen Elemente erkannt)
Abgelaufene Zeit: 0 Min., 15 Sek.

-Scan-Optionen-
Speicher: Aktiviert
Start: Aktiviert
Dateisystem: Aktiviert
Archive: Aktiviert
Rootkits: Aktiviert
Heuristik: Aktiviert
PUP: Aktiviert
PUM: Aktiviert

-Scan-Details-
Prozess: 0

Modul: 0

Registrierungsschlüssel: 0

Registrierungswert: 0

Registrierungsdaten: 0

Daten-Stream: 0

Ordner: 0

Datei: 0

Physischer Sektor: 0

(end)

I am so extremely unlucky with your 3.x versions :wacko:

30xeiv9.png

EDIT: Seems like there is something wrong with the DB, the version number doesn't stay inside the scan protocol and when i push "Update" it does leech 4-5 Kilobytes. The notification says that the scan was finished successful but in the protocol, it says "Aborted", on German of course.

EDIT2: When I select the sysdrive and click on "Scan with malwarebytes", it runs a second only.

Edited by Cake
because your 3.x versions SUCK

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, ZVAXX said:

The system? What is "the" system? Your system? Incredible 92% CPU usage = 100% total overload 20 minutes at CPU temperatures above 80 degrees on "my" system with core i5 without a chance to work properly. That's fakt. Do you want to ruin the people's notebooks? Is this so hard to understand that this has nothing to do with performance, but is simply nonsensical?
Okay, I'm assuming you'll be forced to think about it again. At the moment, the disputed problem can not be answered with arguments.

I signed up just to balance out those dismissing your concerns about .1469.  While the full scan running ~99% on my Celeron, i3 and Xeon desktops just make for a faster completion my testing with an older Win7 Dell with a Core2Duo laptop has been brutal.  I've tried running a full scan a few times after fresh reboots and letting the system stabilize and the system becomes useless where trying to bring up any additional app, task manager or even trying to cleanly shutdown the system becomes unresponsive.  I realize this Dell laptop has some CPU throttling issues that are unique but that does not mean we are not seeing some very annoying behavior with 3.  Just cause they are not experiencing it on their platforms does not mean there is no problem, especially when compared to what we were seeing with version 2.

Edited by Scootcha

9 minutes ago, Scootcha said:

I signed up just to balance out those dismissing your concerns about .1469.  While the full scan running ~99% on my Celeron, i3 and Xeon desktops just make for a faster completion my testing with an older Win7 Dell with a Core2Duo laptop has been brutal.  I've tried running a full scan a couple of time after fresh reboots and letting the system stabilize and the system becomes useless where trying to bring up any additional app, task manager or even trying to cleanly shutdown the system becomes unresponsive.  I realize this Dell laptop has some CPU throttling issues that are unique but that does not mean we are not seeing some very annoying behavior with 3.  Just cause they are not experiencing it on their platforms does not mean there is no problem, especially when compared to what we were seeing with version 2.

Every behavior in 3.x versions are very annoying, the whole software is.

jg076p.png

After rebooting, running into the old issues. Can't enable all protection elements, as usual :wacko: But congratulations @Malwarebytes, you brought out a new version that doesn't downgrade from itself! Really congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!! :excl: Before all this crap happend with your 3.x versions, I never expected that things like this would happen by a security company that has a name to defend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Few days ago (Preview release) I installed it on some1s notebook to free it from the adware collection. Did hang 15min, on a picture, you know what? Pressing on Pause, Abort or even tray-right-click "close" was not possible. Well done, really well done Malwarebytes, with this new versions.

Just now, Scootcha said:

I should have added that unlike ZVAXX I'm only seeing the high CPU temps for a relatively short time-span which is probably due to the Dell throttling on this particular laptop.  Slow performance or burning up is not a great choice to have to make. 

You are not the only person having that.. :(  It's just another version that's messed up with 10000000x bugs. Still calling this as experimental or beta

For me, this was the last chance for Malwarebytes. I am done with trying your new versions. Just sad that I got a lifetime key for this, now it brings me nothing. I am trying to prevent people I know from updating to 3.x :ph34r: Sorry MBAM :( I recommended this so often in past and then you do this. Again, well done Malwarebytes ;) You should get a broken Oskar for this.

10 minutes ago, Soozy said:

Use the MB cleanup tool first, then do a new install.

For the record, I did a total cleanup on both computers with no luck.

I will wait a while before attempting a new install.

Two of my computers have had little to no problems with 3.05 to 3.06.

Okay guys, when you run into troubles, it's worth the try to clean-install it. Upgrading from old versions is not well-working

I seems like it's really scanning now as it should, 

Or not, it hangs on the same file now, after 8min :( This will never end

W7/x64, MBAM 3.0.6.1469 - next bug report
The real-time protection functioned until the system was in the safe mode (to test something) and started again normally:
"You're not fully protected Real-Time Protection layers turned of": only "Web Protection" was turned of... (I turned on)
next reboot:
"You're not fully protected Real-Time Protection layers turned of": now only "Ransomeware Protection" was turned of... (I turned on)
next reboot:
"Awesome! You're protected."

(THX for your attention)

Edited by ZVAXX

52 minutes ago, ZVAXX said:

"Awesome! You're protected."

Not that it is more important than basic functionality ( I just reverted to MB2 on the laptop that can't handle 3) but I find that unnecessary "Awesome!" editorializing kind of childish.  Just give me pertinent status information without the fluff.

Again this morning, malwarebytes does not want to start at all, the spinning circle is taking for ever. Computer totally froze, desktop icons disappeared had to reboot with the on/off button.

This happens (for the moment) only on the computer with Windows 7 home premium 64bit sp1.

I'm afraid I will have to revert to the latest 2 version.

I'm very disappointed that it still does not work. You wanted to make it better by merging the software, I had the former exploit and malware protection working perfectly for a long time, no worries, now I'm wondering every day what kind of error or misbehaviour mbam is going to generate. BTW scancircle is detecting it as an other anti virus, unless the option in the Windows Action Center is "never register". I remember that I once had a second antivirus installed on the computer probably through an option I forgot to disable with some software installation and that it gave me almost similar freezing problems.

I tried to uninstall, even that is not working, trying mbamclean !

Edited by arleetel

3 hours ago, arleetel said:

Again this morning, malwarebytes does not want to start at all, the spinning circle is taking for ever. Computer totally froze, desktop icons disappeared had to reboot with the on/off button.

[...]

I tried to uninstall, even that is not working, trying mbamclean !

This is very annoying. I had been hoping not to read such bad news, because on my W7-x64 there are currently no major problems (apart from the ones I already described).

The mbam-setup-2.2.1.1043.exe
exclusively deletes (with corresponding user rights) folders and registry entries of the version 2. (by the way very thorough).
Anyone who still uses a neat system with version 2 should back up their system (preferably with an image). The registry entries of any version 3 are very comprehensive and protected with special rights, which are very difficult to remove manually. Hopefully there will soon be a corresponding deactivation tool
(I also do not want to have to constantly copy a systemimage from version 2 to install an updated version 3 without problems) ...

Edited by ZVAXX

ZVAXX : I managed to finally get rid of all the registry entries of version 3, also drivers etc.. by using mbam-clean, when executed it generates a txt file, with all the files to remove "upon reboot", at that stage malwarebytes was not uninstalled yet. Rebooted and for the final uninstall I just used CCleaner.

21 hours ago, ZVAXX said:

This means the "user-defined scan": Completion of the setting possibilities by the point "resource utilization" (or resource distribution).

True, my bad. Although the base assumption that they made would be that if you triggered the scan manually, then you want it to complete as soon as possible However, preferences would have been good... i.e  a high-priority and background mode, as since I suspect it has gotten most of it's performance boost from becoming multi-thread aware/optimised, hence will use all of your processor cores instead of just maxing out the one and be a absolute horror if you want to say web browse whilst it's scanning. 

20 hours ago, Scootcha said:

I signed up just to balance out those dismissing your concerns about .1469.  While the full scan running ~99% on my Celeron, i3 and Xeon desktops just make for a faster completion my testing with an older Win7 Dell with a Core2Duo laptop has been brutal. ... Just cause they are not experiencing it on their platforms does not mean there is no problem, especially when compared to what we were seeing with version 2.

That sounds like the ongoing issue with running multi-thread/multi-core capable software on older single or hyper-threaded (so fake dual-core) hardware.. it has gotten better at flogging the CPU/hardware generally, hence when it can't be set to lower priorities, it's not a pleasant experience. It's great fun (not!) running some modern stuff on a now 10 year old Acer Aspire 5315 laptop with a Celery 2Ghz cpu in it.. it absolutely grinds and the thermal management chokes as it really can't do the job. Compare that with the Ivy Bridge i5 1.7Ghz laptop I'm using to write this... well, it's running a manual scan with 3.0.6 now, has bumped the cpu temperature to a max of 74c (from 47c), and the computer is still moderately responsive.. web browser certainly in't having any issues... have switched tabs a few times and have a youtube playing in the background! :-O But yeah, it could probably still do with some prioritisation options... maybe just high/low priority, or desktop/laptop mode? Although low priority is just going to make the computer responsive... if you're not using it, MB would still flog the CPU flat out.

I had a much better experience with MB v2... it just worked, and I never had any issues with it whatsoever... it just installed, did its thing in the background, and I only ever noticed when it blocked one or two websites for me, or spotted a dodgy download. That said... the MBv3 full scan just shot through fast... 8 min, 19 sec. I've had issues with the real-time web protection not turning on,  mucking up my internet speeds (and slowing down my computer a bit also).  I'm hoping that after another few minor updates that things settle down again, and I get to look forward to even more comprehensive protection, and malware free computing. Fingers crossed... 3.0.6 seems to have fixed some of the problems for now... 

@arleetel

Yes, maybe it is possible to wipe out v.3 with mbam-clean-2.3.0.1001.exe + my own fumble with other tools. However, I would not be convinced, because the requirements for uninstalling v.2 and v.3 are very different.
With certainty, it is not a solution for all users.

How to Uninstall Malwarebytes Anti-Malware v2.1 from Malwarebytes - Last Updated - Jun 17, 2016 (!)

What is missing, is an update to v.3.

Edited by ZVAXX

19 minutes ago, pfeerick said:
22 hours ago, ZVAXX said:
This means the "user-defined scan": Completion of the setting possibilities by the point "resource utilization" (or resource distribution).

True, my bad. Although the base assumption that they made would be that if you triggered the scan manually, then you want it to complete as soon as possible However, preferences would have been good... i.e  a high-priority and background mode, as since I suspect it has gotten most of it's performance boost from becoming multi-thread aware/optimised, hence will use all of your processor cores instead of just maxing out the one and be a absolute horror if you want to say web browse whilst it's scanning.

Well, good that you have mentioned the problem again. I just hope they do not want to keep it under the table.

1 hour ago, pfeerick said:

has bumped the cpu temperature to a max of 74c (from 47c)

Wow, that's really terrible! I would stop using it since 74c isn't healthy for any portable device... It could melt plastic parts around the CPU :blush: :excl:

But guys, I have good news. Most issues seems to be caused because leftover from previous versions. After I uninstalled with Revo Uninstaller Pro, I don't have major issues anymore with this version. Couldn't believe this. The scan does finish and the notifications gives out information's as it should.

May a Malwarebytes staff member create a *.reg file or a *.bat script to get rid of remaining registry entries and files? You should take the time to make this or a new version of your cleanup Utility. Since this is Windows, I understand that the uninstaller doesn't really care about to completely remove everything. As most internal Uninstaller of Applications do.

Most issues are caused by some leftover so may you give users a toolkit to clean install it? The average computer user won't be able to do this so you should care about this! :o

@bdubrow we need a new cleanup utility that works! <_< Ty

@Cake

An deinem logfile und deinen Screenshots erkenne ich, dass,du die deutsche Version benutzt wie ich auch.

Mein Rat:

Kehre zurück zu Anti Malware 2, jede Beschäftigung mit den momentanen Versionen von Malwarebytes 3 ist reine Zeitverschwendung - eigene Erfahrung!

Es gibt hier mittlerweile Berichte, dass die Probleme durch Version 3.06 zunächst als gelöst erscheinen, aber nach einiger Zeit wiederkehren.

Bei einem Update zu Malwarebytes 3 werden zurzeit alle normalen Kunden als unfreiwillige Versuchskaninchen benutzt.

Giving the gist of my German reply in English:

My advice:

Revert to Anti Malware 2, any occupation with the current versions of Malwarebytes 3 is pure time-wasting - own experience!

In the meantime here are reports, that the issues seem being solved by version 3.06 at the first glance, but they come back after a while.

By updating to Malwarebytes 3 all normal customers are currently used as involuntary guinea pigs .

Addition: Trying to post this reply it happened again, that I couldn't do that using Firefox. Hitting the save button nothing happened. I had to change to another browser to post this reply.

Edited by GMork

I had multiple issues and problems with 3.05 and downgraded back to the stable 2.2.1 release and used it for several weeks with none of the 3.05 problems.  I never noticed that there was a 3.06 preview release, but at the recommendation of Malwarebytes tech support, I uninstalled 2.2.1 and installed 3.06.1469 two days ago.  Early impressions are:

• very smooth and fast installation
  • after activating my Premium account, all Real Time Protections clicked ON and have stayed ON.  That was a problem with 3.05.  Seems, hopefully, to have been fixed.
  • with 3.05, scans would stop immediately after starting.  Has no scan capability.  Same issue with updating.
  • so far, scans (both manual and scheduled) are working as is updating.

I still have my fingers crossed, but so far so good.  Thank you Malwarebytes tech support for the help you gave me.  3.06.1469 may be the answer I waited for.

Win 7 SP1

Bitdefender Free

1 hour ago, pmcjr said:

I uninstalled 2.2.1 and installed 3.06.1469
after activating my Premium account, all Real Time Protections clicked ON and have stayed ON. That was a problem with 3.05.

Win 7 SP1

In which scenario did you have 3.05 installed respectively (successful or not?) uninstalled again?
Was mbam-clean-2.3.0.1001.exe used?
Win7SP1 x86 or x64?

@GMork

Im Moment funktioniert die neue Version einwandfrei. Naja, wenn mir irgendetwas nicht passt werde ich MBAM wieder löschen. Nachdem diese Version (v3) erschien und ich mich darüber aufgeregt hatte wurde mir von jemanden eine 2-Jahres key für Emsisoft geschenkt ;) Und damit bin ich wirklich wirklich sehr zufrieden. Es funktioniert und es gibt keine bösen Überraschungen.

Werde MBAM laufen lassen. Wenn es mich aufregt ist es weg, für immer.

English:

Not as good as my main language, im sorry for any translation failures... :rolleyes:

At the moment, the now versions works fine. But, wenn something goes wrong I will remove MBAM again. After this version (v3) appeared and I had trouble with it, someone gifted me a 2-Year key for Emsisoft ;) And I am really happy with it. It works fine and there aren't any bad surprises!

Will let MBAM run. When it does cause trouble, it's gone, forever.

17 hours ago, ZVAXX said:

In which scenario did you have 3.05 installed respectively (successful or not?) uninstalled again?
Was mbam-clean-2.3.0.1001.exe used?
Win7SP1 x86 or x64?

I did not use mbam-clean 2.3.0 to uninstall 3.0 before going to 3.05.  I simply uninstalled 3.0 from the Control Panel and then installed 3.05.

Win 7 SP1 x64

Thank you. As an hint resp. observation on my part: If v.2 is not uninstalled by mbam-clean-2.3.0.1001.exe, a whole lot of orphaned entries remain in the registry, which is difficult to be removed afterwards (or, because of special rights, not at all); I'm not sure if they can become a problem ... (I think the way v.2 -> mbam-clean -> v.3 is the more recommendable)