Severe Conflicts between MB 3.0 and Mcafee Internet Security

Hi, I recently purchased a new Asus desktop computer (i5, 16gb RAM) that came preloaded with Mcafee Internet Security Installed.  The computer had been running fine until I installed Malwarebytes 3.0 with the real time protections enabled. Upon doing so my PC became so sluggish I was unable to perform any tasks.  Even when I tried exiting out of Malwarebytes the program would not exit.  After closing the program through task manager (painfully as it was so slow) my pc began responding normally. 

I have now added exclusions in MB for Mcafee, but when I try to add exclusions for Malwarebytes in Mcafee I am unable to do so as I receive an error indicating the file is critical and can't be excluded.  Has anyone run into this and is there a way around it?

When my Mcafee trial is up I was going was going to replace it with Mcafee Internet Security Suite through U-verse since I do not have to pay for it.  I would rather do this than have to pay for Norton so wanted to see if anyone can help me get the 2 programs to coexist harmoniously.

Thanks!