3.06? and other details

Ratz!!   MWB3.0 has been working fine since Feb 2. Tonite Bat has an alert on it for web protections - disabled. I guess I am going to have to go back to 2.0. The only thing I can offer is that we had a very brief power outtage (New England Blizzard) but the system was off. Thanks for a good product but something going on with the latest rev that just isn't making it consistently. 

• Root Admin

Hello @Dublin70

Let me get some new fresh logs, please. Please run FRST again and make sure you place a checkmark in the Additions.txt check box and post back all new logs as an attachment and I'll review to see what might be going on with your system.

Please read the following and post back the 3 requested logs as an attachment.

Diagnostic Logs

Thank you

Ron

Just thought I'd plug in the latest info. This morning it misbehaved (web protection not working) but I didn't shut it down, I kept it open. After a short time, I noticed that the orange alert was gone off the bat - I looked at protection settings and all were enabled and then I noticed that the "enable self protection module early start" said "not available". I saw that you had advised another mwb user to turn that setting ON -- hmmm. Just thought I'd let you know that bit of info. Also, MWB seems fine for now. I will do the diagnostics at some point if it acts up again. Thanks.

Hate to sound stupid but before installing this update, do I need to do anything with the old version. i.e., deactivate as someone pointed out in an earlier post. Thanks very much. Looking forward to using the new version. Know you all have been working hard to get it remedied for clean and effective use. 

I sent you the logs a couple of days ago but didn't follow up for comments as you then issued a new update. I installed it and all was fine. Sunday I installed Macrium back up program. All fine on Monday with mwb but last nite and this morning alert on the bat. First it was ransomeware protection disabled - enabled that and then ok. 10 minutes later web protection disabled. Can I do an exclusion for Macrium? Is that causing this perhaps. Anyway, that's what's happening to my mwb program. Know you are working hard to resolve all these issues and do want to thank you for that. I may just go back to V2 until all is well. Thanks again. 

3.0 continues to act up. One day it's fine and the next day, alert appears. I also think its problems are leading to some instability of my system. I got frustrated and uninstalled it a few minutes ago and now I remember that I should have deactivated it if I was going to install V2. So what next for me? Any help always appreciated. Thanks very much.

• Root Admin

I'd run the clean removal tool and then reinstall version 2 and activate it.

Please read the following topic and then run the Malwarebytes Clean Removal tool mb-clean

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/196955-malwarebytes-mb-clean-tool/

The download link for the tool is:  https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb_clean

Restart the computer when done and reinstall Malwarebytes 2

Then read and download the 2.x version from this link

https://support.malwarebytes.com/customer/portal/articles/1835314?b_id=6438

Let me know if you have any further questions or issues.

Thank you

Ron