Ransom Ware on Facebook

A few weeks ago curiosity got the better of me and I clicked onto a picture on a Facebook page. Immediately a ransom ware came up with a voice in English which I didn't have time to listen to

as I quickly hit the computer shutdown button (On the computer itself). Luckily when the computer was restarted, everything seemed OK .Capture.PNG (5).PNG

If you heard a voice, it was not ransomware.

Maybe the "voice" was similar to one of these ?

I have created a series of videos generated from various fraud sites for the purposes of recognition and education.  They are all  videos from real web sites.  ALL are FRAUDS.

MalwareScam.wmv

MalwareScam-1.wmv

MalwareScam-2.wmv

MalwareScam-3.wmv

MalwareScam-4.wmv

MalwareScam-5.wmv

MalwareScam-6.wmv

( **Also located at "My Online Security" - Some videos of typical tech support scams )

You will also see I do my best to submit as many sites as possible such that Malwarebytes' products can block access to them.  You can see my submissions in;  Newest IP or URL Threats  labeled as "HTML.FakeAlert".

Reference:   
US FBI PSA - Tech Support Scam

• 1 year later...