Hello

Somehow I thought that Malwarebytes 3 is the finished product. But it seems that it is quite incomplete. It has several bugs and slows down everything.

I also wonder that I cannot use Ransomware protection because with it I get huge disk image (which are incremental but still huge size).

I use Malwarebytes version: 3.0.5.1299 (Component package version: 1.0.43, Update package version: 1.0.1042). Is this updated at all? Is this really release version of version 3? Can I revert back to version 2 of MBAM and MBAE?

Hi Ax :)

Malwarebytes 3.0 hit the GA already, so it isn't in beta anymore. Malwarebytes is aware that the current version have some issues and bugs, and they are working hard on fixing them. Meanwhile, you are free to revert back to Malwarebytes 2.2.1 and Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit if you're not satisfied with Malwarebytes 3.0 current build.

Also, your issue is probably related to this:

• Certain imaging programs (such as Macrium Reflect) that interact with Microsoft’s Volume Shadow Storage (VSS) will leave a very large artifact file in the System Volume Information file if a backup is created with anti-ransomware protection enabled.  A fix is being worked on, but the only work-around at the moment is to disable Ransomware Protection before creating an image.

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/191805-malwarebytes-30-known-issues/

Just because a software is GA does not necessarily mean it isn't beta anymore. Some software has more annoying bugs than others at the time of the initial GA release, that's all... ;)

About Macrium Reflect backups... I don't really see the increased size of the image that you've mentioned:

Size on disk: 76.5 GB (82,236,088,192 bytes) 12.14.16 (pre-MB 3.05)
Size on disk: 77.0 GB (82,767,724,403 bytes) 01.16.17 (post-MB 3.05)

But, thanks for the tip, will create an image with the Ransomware Protection disabled...

2 hours ago, pentiumiii said:

Officially as per Malwarebytes it's not in beta, unofficially based on all the user feedback and issues it should go back to beta for major re-work and QA.

I would agree - I'm not going to touch this public release until the major issues have been fixed. Far too many major/worrying ones to risk it on any machine.

• 2 weeks later...

I do not be mean but one of important bugs is still exists: that it messes up somehow Incremental disk images I do daily (with ShadowProtect) makes incremental disk images huge. So I have to disable Ransomware protection. Still, thank you for have fixed some other bugs.

What I have read, it seems that Malwarebytes should have done better beta testing because there seems to be quite a lot bugs.

Edit. And times and dates are North-American style. I like to use European style to set days (dd-mm-yy(yy)) and times (24-hour clock). Thank you (and this is not beta stage?)

Edited by AxlSmithNotThatVideoGuy

Edit. And times and dates are North-American style. I like to use European style to set days (dd-mm-yy(yy)) and times (24-hour clock). Thank you (and this is not beta stage?)

I've seen this issue been reported a few times now.

Back to the title of this thread.  Yes it is still in Beta whether MBAM calls it that or not.  It is not  a stable public release by any means.

Officially, it isn't in beta since the GA release (which was 3.0.4). The current release being a "beta" is your opinion, and not the truth.

4 hours ago, AxlSmithNotThatVideoGuy said:

I do not be mean but one of important bugs is still exists: that it messes up somehow Incremental disk images I do daily (with ShadowProtect) makes incremental disk images huge. So I have to disable Ransomware protection.

I also use ShadowProtect but I have not had this issue (thankfully).