longbeachlouise

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen - Is This the Right Forum?

IMO there's either a hardware problem or a problem with the HP software download.

Try this download (the Windows 7, 64-bit version):  https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26467/Wireless-Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-7-?wapkw=intel+centrino+advanced-n+6205+drivers+windows+7

If it installs without problems, then it's likely that there was a problem with the HP software
If it doesn't install (or installs w/problems) then I have to wonder about a hardware problem with the wireless card.

Are you still having BSOD's?  Are you able to generate BSOD's when you want to (this makes it easier to troubleshoot the problem - it's not essential).

Hi, haven't had another BSOD - that's a good thing, right?

May I get this question answered, about the Device Manager/Network Adapters.

There is where the Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205, which you had me uninstall, and the Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter, which also uninstalled, after I checked the "Delete the driver software for this device," checkbox in the confirm popup.

Should the new wireless drivers show up there?

Or, do I have to manually point them in the Location to Save Files screen in the setup?

I left it default. Maybe, I have to manually put the location, so they appear in the Device Manager / Network Adapters folder!

Edited to add: The question is: do the drivers have to be in a certain location to work? Or, is the Device Manager / Network Adapters folder a spot where the drivers are mirrored, for the sake of accessing them?

Edited by longbeachlouise
specify question

Leave it at default.  The devices in Device Manager are automatically added to Device Manager.

Don't overthink this - just let it do it's job and that should be fine.

Hi, The Intel software works! :) (Posting from the affected laptop . . .)

On 2/7/2017 at 4:00 AM, usasma said:

Are you still having BSOD's?  Are you able to generate BSOD's when you want to (this makes it easier to troubleshoot the problem - it's not essential).

Would you teach me how to do that? It's not the same as tapping F8 to get into safe mode . . .

Gad to hear that it worked!

What other questions?

No need to generate BSOD's if you're not having them.
I meant "Can you cause the BSOD to happen by doing something normal on your ocmputer?"
That's in conjunction with the "Is it still BSOD'ing?" question.
If that's the case, then I was going ot ask you to try Driver Verifier - but I don't think that it's worth trying unless you're still having problems.