Problem Event Name: BlueScreen - Is This the Right Forum?

IMO there's either a hardware problem or a problem with the HP software download.

Try this download (the Windows 7, 64-bit version):  https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26467/Wireless-Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-7-?wapkw=intel+centrino+advanced-n+6205+drivers+windows+7

If it installs without problems, then it's likely that there was a problem with the HP software
If it doesn't install (or installs w/problems) then I have to wonder about a hardware problem with the wireless card.

Are you still having BSOD's?  Are you able to generate BSOD's when you want to (this makes it easier to troubleshoot the problem - it's not essential).

Hi, haven't had another BSOD - that's a good thing, right?

May I get this question answered, about the Device Manager/Network Adapters.

There is where the Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205, which you had me uninstall, and the Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter, which also uninstalled, after I checked the "Delete the driver software for this device," checkbox in the confirm popup.

Should the new wireless drivers show up there?

Or, do I have to manually point them in the Location to Save Files screen in the setup?

I left it default. Maybe, I have to manually put the location, so they appear in the Device Manager / Network Adapters folder!

Edited to add: The question is: do the drivers have to be in a certain location to work? Or, is the Device Manager / Network Adapters folder a spot where the drivers are mirrored, for the sake of accessing them?

Edited by longbeachlouise
specify question

Hi, The Intel software works! :) (Posting from the affected laptop . . .)

On 2/7/2017 at 4:00 AM, usasma said:

Are you still having BSOD's?  Are you able to generate BSOD's when you want to (this makes it easier to troubleshoot the problem - it's not essential).

Would you teach me how to do that? It's not the same as tapping F8 to get into safe mode . . .

Gad to hear that it worked!

What other questions?

No need to generate BSOD's if you're not having them.
I meant "Can you cause the BSOD to happen by doing something normal on your ocmputer?"
That's in conjunction with the "Is it still BSOD'ing?" question.
If that's the case, then I was going ot ask you to try Driver Verifier - but I don't think that it's worth trying unless you're still having problems.